Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fed ex dropped off my elka stage 3's today! the whole time i was waiting for them i have been worried about fitment issues with my barker dual exhaust.. just holding it up to where it bolts it looks like it has plenty of clearence! excited to get them on tomorrow morning.

Attachments

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Awesome!! Congrats!

Reactions: jesus_is_lord

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Fantastic, congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Very nice mod list you got going on there....congrats on the pillows to ride on.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am sure the waiting for them to arrive is the hardest part of the mod. Congratulations, nice investment!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got them installed. I sure do like my grizzly

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Ok, I now join the ranks of those among us who suffer from severe Elka Envy( That is an official mental condition, first diagnosed in test patient @okbear, and documented on Grizzly Central!) LOL!!!!

Reactions: DrMud and okbear

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Awesome, can't wait for your review. Bike is looking sharp, nice build.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Awesome, congrats, TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!!!

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
JIL, you should probably take those off of your wife's Grizzly and send them to me before they get muddy. She'll go into the first mudhole and coat the stock shocks with mud and will never know that the elkas are gone, ha. You can blame the rough ride on the 3" lugs on her really tough tires, ha.
Actually looking really good on this build and good to see you're not letting any roots grow under your feet. Oh yeah, if you send me the Stage 3's, I'll send my Stage 1's to Okbear just to ease the pain, ha.
Cheers and be safe.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol ya your right let’s do a deal so we can make ok ear feel better! And thanks! Only thing left I’m planning on adding is some rigid dually d2’s and it will be complete. On a side note....I sold my can am this weekend and in the hunt for a slightly used grizz to build of my own. Not sure how I can outdo my wife’s but it has to be done!

JIL, you should probably take those off of your wife's Grizzly and send them to me before they get muddy. She'll go into the first mudhole and coat the stock shocks with mud and will never know that the elkas are gone, ha. You can blame the rough ride on the 3" lugs on her really tough tires, ha.
Actually looking really good on this build and good to see you're not letting any roots grow under your feet. Oh yeah, if you send me the Stage 3's, I'll send my Stage 1's to Okbear just to ease the pain, ha.
Cheers and be safe.

·
Registered
936 Posts
That's an awesome looking machine!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ok, this kind of reminds me of when Christmas, birthdays, anniversary come around and I buy my wife guns, blowing stuff in my size that never gets taken back, golf clubs, ect. knowing darn well she is not interested in any of it, is that what’s going on here? In any case, nice looking build.

Reactions: Hammerhead

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, this kind of reminds my of when Christmas, birthdays, anniversary come around and I buy my wife guns, blowing stuff in my size that never gets taken back, golf clubs, ect. knowing darn well she is not interested in any of it, is that what’s going on
here? In any case, nice looking build.
Thanks! And well one thing lead to another. First she wanted a grizzly to match her jeep...the she wanted tired to help her not get stuck...then came clutch work. Then she thought it bogged down so I got ehs big 3 to help with that. Then she mentioned her back hurt afTer a long ride..hence the elkas...now she thinks she needs more light for night rides. So either she is playing me...or I just like working on the grizzly lol

Reactions: mainehunter and RDC

·
Registered
800 Posts
Dude. I need to talk to her about getting you to buy me some Elka's. Lol! Sold the Canned Ham. Wow, that must be a big step to recovery from that mental condition. ROFL! Nice Grizzly.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
What's her user name?

Thanks! And well one thing lead to another. First she wanted a grizzly to match her jeep...the she wanted tired to help her not get stuck...then came clutch work. Then she thought it bogged down so I got ehs big 3 to help with that. Then she mentioned her back hurt afTer a long ride..hence the elkas...now she thinks she needs more light for night rides. So either she is playing me...or I just like working on the grizzly lol
None of the above. She HAS to have her own user name on this site. You should know by now how well we are at spending your money through your wife vicariously. If you would only take her home before dark and rub her back you could have saved thousands of dollars, ha. Then again, I think you made the right choice, no need to set expectations when you want to have a beverage around the fire vs "giving" a back rub:laugh:
Let me know when I can expect those Stage 3's so I can let Okbear know when he'll get the 1's.....he has called me 37 times today...NOT, ha.
Be good

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a 09 and have put many upgrades on it, totally love the machine but hated the suspension, I matched up some used snowmobile shocks and the ride was unbelievably great except the rears had I bit to much stroke and fronts not quite enough stroke. After riding it like that for years I decided to try broncos to make everything just right. Now I have all around broncos and I believe the ride is worse than it was with the stock shocks!!! Don’t even enjoy riding the machine at the moment, I do like to ride fairly hard but whatever. So I’m another one who flip flops on deciding if Elkas are worth the expense. I’m almost positive they are but just hate spending that amount of cash on a set of shocks!! Just felt like giving my two cents.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts