·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,329 Posts
Reactions: Chicken Bone

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
It does seem like a frugal ATV for fuel compared to my other models.

Small amount of fuel tank capacity over the years based on specs in OMs

'08 - '15 / 5.28 US Gal

'16 - '18 / 4.75 US Gal

'19 - '22 / 4.8 US Gal

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a small first world dilemma 😆, In my area I found a grizzly and a king quad from two different dealers and the price difference is just over $500 (the grizzly being more expensive) slight difference in msrp and dealer fees. I have $500 down already on the grizzly however I have a couple concerns about it.

From what I’ve been reading the strong suggestion is to immediately get an EHS tuner and air box, another $300-500. Making the total difference from the KingQuad close to $1000. Honestly I’m a little let down to have to spend more money on it to get it to run right.
My brothers have KQ’s a 2011 and 2014 with no issues. I wanted to try the Yamaha out as I feel it’s the reliable comparison.

I know this is a Grizzly forum but I’m looking for some objective opinions and or suggestions to either sway me for or not for the grizzly or KQ.
Is it worth the extra $500 for the grizzly and would I be fine without having to do the EHS mods?

thanks for any responses.
I have a small first world dilemma 😆, In my area I found a grizzly and a king quad from two different dealers and the price difference is just over $500 (the grizzly being more expensive) slight difference in msrp and dealer fees. I have $500 down already on the grizzly however I have a couple concerns about it.

From what I’ve been reading the strong suggestion is to immediately get an EHS tuner and air box, another $300-500. Making the total difference from the KingQuad close to $1000. Honestly I’m a little let down to have to spend more money on it to get it to run right.
My brothers have KQ’s a 2011 and 2014 with no issues. I wanted to try the Yamaha out as I feel it’s the reliable comparison.

I know this is a Grizzly forum but I’m looking for some objective opinions and or suggestions to either sway me for or not for the grizzly or KQ.
Is it worth the extra $500 for the grizzly and would I be fine without having to do the EHS mods?

thanks for any responses.
Tniels- The Grizzly does not require the EHS tuner and air box. Many, like myself, have purchased those items because Yamaha sets up the Grizzly a little lean. The EHS tuner allows you to adjust the air/fuel mixture so it runs a LITTLE cooler. You will see a little improvement in throttle response with the aforementioned items, but the Grizzly is sufficient without them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Grizzly over KQ all day!! Is this even a discussion right now? If you need to save money don’t do it by going to a Suzuki,, Yamaha will win in every category,, from looks to thrills. Bone stock Grizzly and let it ride, your over thinking it sucking the fun right out!! If you wanted a Suzuki would you even be posting here.??

Either way good luck hope you score a good bike for you,, we all have different needs and wants. Just know that even my 14’ Grizzly will always dust the KQ 🤣

Let us know what you decide to get!!

X2 or X3 on head redesign for the 14 model and late 13 production model, few updates to the ports and valves along with a larger single exhaust vs the smaller double exhaust. Just had to replace the bevel (pinion gear) gear on mine recently and learned all about it, lucky not much busted but the gear itself. She sounded pretty rough when it happened!!

Gear Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Gas

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
It does seem like a frugal ATV for fuel compared to my other models.

Small amount of fuel tank capacity over the years based on specs in OMs

'08 - '15 / 5.28 US Gal

'16 - '18 / 4.75 US Gal

'19 - '22 / 4.8 US Gal
There's no difference in fuel capacity from the 16-18 to the 19+. They simply rounded the number up, the fuel tank and components are the same ones used from 16 to current.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts