Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple quick shots I took of my grizzly LE after installing spacers and Zillas. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Looks good
Why spacers?

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
594 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Nope. The 2019 Grizzly are plenty wide and don't require spacers like the previous 07 to 13 gens

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yup definitely ditch the spacers. Your bearings will thank you for it later

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
1" spacer don't cause issues at all. Though I wouldn't go wider.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually have a set of 1" spacers on order from the states, but found a cheap set of 2" locally while I was waiting for them to arrive. To be 100% honest, the look of 2" plus the fender flares make any prematurely required maintenance worth the cost. I'm hoping the 1" look as good. As for the additional stress it will put on my bearings, I'll just replace them if it becomes an issue, but I'm not overly worried. Besides the aesthetics, the main reason I wanted some additional width is for stability on higher speed corners, which these deliver. I live in the middle of Canada, so the overwhelming majority of riding is done on fast and flat trails. I don't think we have a hill for 200km in either direction from where I live lol (sad laugh)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
1" spacers will be better and add alot of stability over stock without any crazy pre mature wear on your machine's chassis

·
Registered
895 Posts
If that’s how you like it, leave them on. You’ll be fine with 2”. I’ve got 2200km on koyo bearings that are underwater on every single ride and my 1.5” spacers have been on there the entire time. My right rear is starting to play and that’s more likely from the rock that twisted my wheel and then riding it like that for another 400km. Everything fun adds required maintenance, let ‘er buck.

Reactions: AlexD

·
Registered
247 Posts
That machine looks good!
Where did you get the insert for the receiver hitch?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it locally at princess auto in Canada. It’s just a receiver with a d-ring

·
Registered
179 Posts
That machine looks good!
Where did you get the insert for the receiver hitch?
FYI Harbor freight has D-ring receiver hitch’s cheap. I have 2 for our kodiaks

Reactions: AlexD
1 - 12 of 12 Posts