Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
View attachment 101723
Here is a 32 inch nilight on mine using those welded tabs! No draw concerns here and I am also using heat demon 3 stage grips and thumb warmer.
That looks sharp! I just bought a 26 inch version of one that looks quite similar to yours. I was going to get a couple longer mounting bolts for the ends and maybe make some sleeves to cover them but looking at how you set up your rig maybe i'll just try using the brackets. Good to know about the extra current draw capacity too. I got to get some of those heated grips. About froze my butt off this past Saturday!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
8,913 Posts
I've had good longevity from the PIAA Super Plasma GT-X HS1 Bulbs. They fit like OEM and appear to have a heavier duty filament when compared side by side with the original bulb.
I'm still on my first set ~8 years/8K miles later.
PIAA | HS1 Super Plasma Gt-X Single Halogen Bulb #70473
@Grizz2011 Thanks, I forgot about PIAA lights. Looking at their site I see no bulbs that will fit our bulb holders. At 65 buck each not sure if they are really a good deal.
I agree that you have gotten good results. However we ride 5-6k each year with lights on every mile. In the summer season we see plenty of headlight deep water and mud, in the winter plenty of desert rocky cobbled trails. The stock light pods on the Kodi's and the older Grizzlies are not water proof and I don't feel they dampen the vibration on the cobble.

·
Premium Member
8,913 Posts
Leaning toward a custom install of the Diode Dymamics SS3 PODs.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Looking at their site I see no bulbs that will fit our bulb holders. At 65 buck each not sure if they are really a good deal.
I paid $34.04 per bulb back in 2013. They are listed at https://www.amazon.com/PIAA-70473-Super-Plasma-GT-X/dp/B001AHZBZ6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pb_opt?ie=UTF8 for $45.99 each in stock. $65.00 each is a rip off. At PIAA 70473 PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Light Bulbs | Summit Racing for 38.99 each not in stock.
They are the HS1 style that fits my 2011 Grizzly, looks identical to OEM except the purple tint and heavier filament. I've never submerged in water deep enough to flood my headlight pods but due to the mounting push pins wearing out, the pods were coming loose and took a real shaking until I replaced the push pins with panel nuts and screws. I do ride with the headlights always on for safety reasons ~1K miles a year. Added a light bar in 2019 and wish I'd done it earlier for my night rides.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

Reactions: reogem

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are you guys wiring these off the battery with a relay? I thinking of adding a 12" auxbeam. I already have two things on my accessory circuit head demons hand and thumb warmers and winch relay. Just wondeing how much stuff i can hook up to that.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Are you guys wiring these off the battery with a relay? I thinking of adding a 12" auxbeam. I already have two things on my accessory circuit head demons hand and thumb warmers and winch relay. Just wondeing how much stuff i can hook up to that.
Yes, I purchased the (relay/harness/switch/fuse assembly) along with the 12" auxbeam. It made the installation easy.
Also have hand/thumb warmers, and warn winch relay on accessory "key on" circuit. Not a problem.

See my signature for list of accessories.

amazon order info.
12 inch 72W CREE Flood & Spot Beam Dual Row LED Work Light Bar

SKU: 70018818
1 $27.99

12V 40A LIGHT BAR DRIVING LIGHT WIRING HARNESS KIT

SKU: 70025771
wiring One Light
1 $11.99

My 2019 Auxbeam full install including custom brackets. LED Light Bar Opt7 14" vs 12"

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, I purchased the (relay/harness/switch/fuse assembly) along with the 12" auxbeam. It made the installation easy.
Also have hand/thumb warmers, and warn winch relay on accessory "key on" circuit. Not a problem.

See my signature for list of accessories.

amazon order info.
12 inch 72W CREE Flood & Spot Beam Dual Row LED Work Light Bar

SKU: 70018818
1 $27.99

12V 40A LIGHT BAR DRIVING LIGHT WIRING HARNESS KIT

SKU: 70025771
wiring One Light
1 $11.99

My 2019 Auxbeam full install including custom brackets. LED Light Bar Opt7 14" vs 12"
thanks for the info thats very helpful. I just ordered that set up. for 40 bucks cant beat the price

21 - 27 of 27 Posts