Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 yamaha grizzly 700 that i am having a problem with i have had this happen twice one time when i was riding in the snow and then the other day it happend . It doesnt matter if the four wheeler is in high or low when it is doing it the four wheeler wont go above about 15 or 16 mph and the more that you hold the gas in the worse it gets . The first time it happened was in the snow rode for a while and it started to do it so i let it sit for a bit and it has ran fine after that . A couple of days ago i was riding and had been riding for a while had hit some holes and riding trails as well it started to do it again so i came back and let it sit but it is still having the same problem now .

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
That may be the speed the limiter kicks in, but you could have an air filter restriction limiting air flow, like ice, just a guess.
Many of us have signatures listing our machine(s) and the mods for each. This helps us keep up with info to help you.
Tracks? are a gear reduction mechanism, but we don't know if there are tracks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sounds like the rev limiter is kicking in . This can be either the reverse sensor going bad or the 4x4 lock .
Do you notice any indicator light flickering when that happens? Or maybe a loose electrical connector that lets moisture in and triggers the rev limiter.

^^what ridgway said, I didn't see his post when I replied

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Did you have the diff lock engaged when this happened?

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Did you have the diff lock engaged when this happened?
X2.
Additionally, if water gets in the front diff actuator connector, this can cause the limiter to kick in as well. Seen this twice.
If the reverse switch fails it will also cause the limiter to kick it. In most cases with the reverse switch failure, the reverse light will blink or come on when it's not in reverse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts