Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my 2011 grizzly 550 clicks in the rear cv axle. espesially when turning to the left. i think it is the left axle as well. how can i find out which cv joint it is? inner or outer? can i just drive with it or do i need to replace it? do i need to take out the axle to find out which joint the clicking is coming from? Sorry for bad english. :)

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
It's cheaper and more cost effective to replace the entire axle.

You can ride it with a clicking axle joint, but I do not recommend it. When it breaks (and it will break), it could cost you more money with more broken parts.

Reactions: AntonGrizzly

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answer dezz. i will begin to look for an entire axle then. and drive with it to I get a new one. :)

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Mine was clicking and I couldn't tell which one it was so I rode it for 3 or 400 miles till it was loud enough to tell for sure. I went with the Rhino axles and have had good luck with them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, maybe the rhino axles is stronger? do they fit right in? :)

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Thanks, maybe the rhino axles is stronger? do they fit right in? :)
Yeah they fit right in. Since I've owned them a few years now I've read some bad reviews on them but they've been good axles for the way I ride mostly rocky trails and some mud. If you have a lifted bike with big mud tires they might not hold up as well. I compared them side by side to the stockers when I changed them and they look to be 20 or 30% more beefier.

·
Registered
201 Posts
check your CV boots .. sometimes they get a small tear in them and dirt or sand will make them pop. My rear was popping once and i cleaned the CV in gas and regreased and rebooted it and never clicked again been lots of kms/miles since then.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have checked them, all of them is completely fine and none of them leaks. so i think i just will buy a new axle :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts