Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering what everyone is running for rear storage looking to put something on the rear rack of the 17 Grizzly just not sure what way to go

·
Registered
99 Posts
The quality of the OGIO is really nice and it has great storage capacity.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I run the stock rear from yamaha. Not big as some. But fit great, holds what I need

Attachments

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
253 Posts
I run the stock rear from yamaha. Not big as some. But fit great, holds what I need
That's the one I've been considering for my Grizzly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
I'd recommend a hard box over a soft box 100% of the time. I've ran both over the past 15 years and I've thrown many soft boxes in the trash. Tamarack makes nice ATV storage boxes and I own two depending on the ride, however there are better out there with seals if you ride in wet conditions. The Yamaha boxes have always seemed to hold up well and if you can swing it, I'd go that route.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Quadboss Deluxe looks like it is on the large side. But looks like it has a lot of capacity and I like how the top is flat and has tie down bars. Here's a good review if it:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is what I am using. Mine came with a 1 gallon can that fits in the middle. You wouldn't believe what I have stuffed in it. Tool kits, Screw driver kit, wrench set, pipe wrench, booster cables, mini compressor, first aid kit, extra oil filter, axe, bug spray and I am sure I am forgetting something. I still have room for a cooler bag with a dozen frosty beverages. I never hooked up the tail light though. As you can tell, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am using the Trail Boss box also. Tons of room in the Box but the seat couldn't hold my dog. There are two back pads. The lower one is 1 inch thick and the upper one is 2 inches thick... Pushing you forward off the seat. The seat pad is very small and tapers in the front pushing you off the seat. I had a new seat bottom made and modify the upper pad to be 1 inch thick. Dog has much more room.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
That Moose Trailblazer looks like just the ticket if you want a seat. I like that one way better than the one I got, but I've got too much time and money invested in mine to make it more like the Trailblazer to get rid of it now. If you don't want a seat, the sky's the limit. The QuadBoss Deluxe that @Pjniez posted looks awesome. You could carry enough stuff in that for a whole week of camping!!!

Reactions: Pjniez

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Beware of poor latch designs. My upgrade:

I have also sealed the latch lids with QUALITY adhesive weather stripping . . . . otherwise dust and water pours into your trunk.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I saved a bunch of money and use gear boxes from Cabela's $20-$30. They are found in the camping/automotive areas of the stores, not ATV specific.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Beware of poor latch designs. My upgrade:

I have also sealed the latch lids with QUALITY adhesive weather stripping . . . . otherwise dust and water pours into your trunk.

Yup, my so called "latches" were nothing more than a little bungee looped up over a molded in "hook" They sucked. I did'nt realize that's what they were like when I ordered it. I should have sent it back. I now have stainless steel adjustable draw latches on it. Work great, won't rust, and lockable.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I saved a bunch of money and use gear boxes from Cabela's $20-$30. They are found in the camping/automotive areas of the stores, not ATV specific.
@MORSNO, those are great. Yeah, Cabela's has some great boxes. Plano makes an awesome Sportsman's Trunk in a couple sizes. The big one is about $70 I think. I have one, it's really rugged. I would have used that on the rear of the Grizz but I wanted a seat. For smaller boxes the Apache line of gear cases from Harbor Freight are a lot like the Pelican except for only about $25. They are pretty decent. A lot of guys around here have made some mighty nice boxes out of plywood. The guys that have some skill and give a damn do a real craftsman job of it with good hinges and latches. They keep them painted real well so the water does'nt bother them. Then the other guys just rope a stinky old lobster bait bucket on, fill it with beer and let 'er rip, LOL!!

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Registered
396 Posts
Plano 1510-01 Rear Box. Love it. Got it back in '15 for $75 brand new when it was on sale.

kolpin.png

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Reactions: atvBob

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
@atvBob, those are great looking wheels too.

Reactions: atvBob

·
Registered
396 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts