Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if a 2016 Grizzly seat will fit on my 2016 Kodiak 700? I want the added foam. But, will that mean that I need the higher Grizzly bars too? If so, will they fit ( considering length of cables and wires for the controls) ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Probably won't fit I'm not for sure but a local upholstery place could help you out with extra padding for less than the cost of a new seat

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 16 Grizzly and a 17 Kodiak. I think the seats would fit on each other. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow.

The Grizzly seat is much softer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I bought a grizzly seat, so we will see. It was $116 at Motosport. That's not too bad

I also bought 1" wheel spacers, Grizzly clutch weights, and 5 minutes ago I pulled the trigger on Elka stage 3 shocks.

I hope all of this makes this machine more fun to ride.

I bought the kodiak new 2 years ago and it runs great, but its way too stiff for me, and the motor needs a wake up call.

I will post again when I get all of this stuff on the quad and test it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pretty sure i was told by someone, maybe my dealer the kodiak and grizzly seats are interchangable too!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I swapped the seats on my 16 Grizzly and 17 Kodiak, they are interchangeable. The Grizzly seat is thicker and softer.

While I had them out, I replaced the old Kolpin Scout box on the Kodiak with a new Yamaha rear box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks for doing that AHT. My new seat should be here soon.

Put in my specs in for my Elka shocks yesterday. I cant wait to see what this baby does with all of these aftermarket goodies on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts