Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Mine friends grizzly 700 2008 i think primary cvt clutch fixed sheave got splines stripped. Like its stripped in middle and in edges its all good. But well its Bad. And no its not camplate its the one fixed sheave near engine. How can this happen? It runs 26" itp mudlite xxl

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
This has happened a few other times.
I don't think anyone has figured out the cause.
Has he installed any mods that we should know about?

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
SHIT HAPPENS ,LOL

Hello.
Mine friends grizzly 700 2008 i think primary cvt clutch fixed sheave got splines stripped. Like its stripped in middle and in edges its all good. But well its Bad. And no its not camplate its the one fixed sheave near engine. How can this happen? It runs 26" itp mudlite xxl
Ya , my bro stripped his 07 700 also ,, hes a big guy , had a passenger on back , was in 2 ft of water , and punched it full throttle... End result was stripped inner sheave , $110.00 and a hour later was good as new !

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hey Gabol.. Researched this some this morning. It appears that it is somewhat limited to the 2007 2008 2009 Grizzlies. Some people think it is related to the primary nut coming loose. I don't believe that. If the nut was .5 or 1.5mm loose how could it strip a spline that is 15 or 20 mm long. If the nut comes off there would be much more damage than the fix sheave being stripped.
To me it indicates that the fixed sheaves back then may have been faulty.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Hey Gabol.. Researched this some this morning. It appears that it is somewhat limited to the 2007 2008 2009 Grizzlies. Some people think it is related to the primary nut coming loose. I don't believe that. If the nut was .5 or 1.5mm loose how could it strip a spline that is 15 or 20 mm long. If the nut comes off there would be much more damage than the fix sheave being stripped.
To me it indicates that the fixed sheaves back then may have been faulty.
Agreed ,, as the new one we put in looked to have a hardened center vrs old one , which was completly gone , and appeared alum only.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hey ..POHLHAMMER This drawing shows what appears to be an insert cast into the sheave.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grizzly is stock except mudlites 26" xxl well lets hope it wont happen to mine grizz too :D

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Hey ..POHLHAMMER This drawing shows what appears to be an insert cast into the sheave.

Yup ,, I am not certain , but the old one did not appear to have a hardened center,,,, but new one DEFINITELY did... should solve problem of stripped sheave ,,,, but hopefully it still breaks before the crankshaft does..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts