Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i have a 2012 Grizzly 700, the last ride i started having a few issues. the ATV will not rev up quickly, it has no power. it will rev up over time but take quite a stretch to get there. i have clean out the air filter and exhaust, spark plug looks good too. opened up the clutches, they were a little muddy but all in good shape and no flipped weights. does anyone have an idea on what to check next?

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
If you are sure the CVT is moving as it should...
Is the throttle actually open all the way? Check the limit screw on the throttle controller. Check the cable to the throttle body.

Maybe adjust the valves also.

·
Premium Member
10,629 Posts
Did you just install taller tires? What is you ratio?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Replace the spark plug. Its probably not your issue, but change it just the same. Visually spark plugs can look fine, but are not.

Did you do a full service to the clutches? Mud in the clutches can and will significantly effect their operation. This includes the secondary clutch.

Is the engine having trouble revving up in neutral as well? If so, then this will be different issue than clutching. This would be engine only.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lol I think all grizzlies are slow. Maybe get a green one like mine they're a bit faster.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,

im still having the problem after the following.

i have clean the air filter and air box
cleaned the exhaust out
cleaned the clutches
set the valves(intake was a bit tight)
cleaned the roll over valve
pulled the fuel pump(everything looked good but i have ordered a new pump/filter)

went for a test ride and still have the same issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bike is on the same tires its always had, also replaced the spark plug. throttle body is opening up all the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts