Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Grizzly 700 Special Edition is having start issues. When i go to start the starter turns slow for a few seconds and does not fire. If i shut off the key and try again it sometimes started on the 2nd or 3rd attempt but the starter turned over slow again. I replaced the battery and it started the first time but now will not start and there is a constant clicking noise from the starter solenoid when i push the start button. Ideas? Frustrating for a machine with only 160 hours.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Mite be a bad starter.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly in Covert Green
11 Posts
try a new spark plug before going too far, have a friend who had that problem and all it was, a bad plug! good luck

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
First clean and tighten the battery cables from the battery to the starter and to the ground.
With a fresh charge on the battery if it still is mostly clicking you may need a new relay.
If no clicking but turning over slowly it could be the starter is bad.
If you haven't had it replaced there is a possibility that the compression release spring is broken.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s a bad starter. Mine did the same thing with very low hours. Had the starter removed and it was toast. Replaced with new, good to go. This is a known issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts