Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thought I'd add my .02 cents just for fun.

I bought a 2010 Grizzly 700 EPS in mint condition back in Feb. of this year. Coming from an '08 King Quad 450 that I racked over 14,000 miles on, it was a phenomenal change. I did a bunch of mods and even posted a few of those on and around Grizzly Central. Rode it every weekend for several months and LOVED every bit of it but I sold it in August because I thought I needed something to pull wheelies in high and cruise down the road at 65mph, silly me. So, without originality, I went and bought a 2019 Can-Am Outlander 850XT with 20 miles on it. Initial thoughts on the first ride were wow! Unbelievable power, smooth as silk, shiny and sleek, but left me with a feeling like this thing just isn't made as tough as the Grizzly. First trip to an OHV park it was very muddy. I packed on around 75 pounds of extra weight just from riding on the trails and the tires were 1.25x their size with the amount of clay mud not cleaning out. Well, the quad felt sluggish just from the extra weight, and by sluggish I mean it felt like it had 60% its original power? Long story short I was missing the Grizzly's ground clearance and rock solid reliability feeling, I got home and power-washed the Outlander for around 3 hours! When I took it on a ride after it was clean I figured out just the weight on the tires from the mud and the trail riding at the OHV park had bent the tie-rods and loosened the steering stem bushings? Couldn't believe it, I didn't ride it that hard, at least compared to how I rode my Grizzly. Fixed both those things, listed it for sale and got my money out of it. First thing I did was look for another Grizzly. Found a sweet deal on a 2014 Grizzly 700 SE with low miles and picked it up.

Long story short, IMO, Can-Am is great if you are rolling in dough and have the money to beef up a ton of expensive parts. Great machine in it's own way. If you don't, stick with a Grizzly and don't look back because they're an awesome machine! Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Revelation...Great handle for your post...

All is not lost! There is hope for the world!

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Same experience here with the Can Am.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
"I bought a 2010 Grizzly 700 EPS in mint condition"
That's a shame you let it go. IMHO that generation of Grizzly is the best, most reliable of the Grizzlys. My first quad was a 2010 Grizzly 700, replaced with a 2011 Grizzly 700 after totaling the 2010.
At >10000 miles now and trouble free, couldn't be happier. If I could find another in mint condition I'd probably buy it for a spare/extra machine.
I wonder if cornfedinohio has any regrets with his switch to a Can Am.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts