Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if you have any plans to make and sell a tubular bumper for the 700 Grizzly, one simular to the US Yamaha Bumper? I think that there would be a market for it as I know of quite a few people that would prefer a sportier tubular bumper to the one that you currently offer.

Thanks
Todd

·
DJ
5,636 Posts
Checkout the "NEW" Moose bumper at atvoutfitters.net. Click on specials, then click on HD Front Bumper. It's a tubular bumper something like the Yami brush bumper but it looks better and it costs less.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AZ08Grizz @ April 2, 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Checkout the "NEW" Moose bumper at atvoutfitters.net. Click on specials, then click on HD Front Bumper. It's a tubular bumper something like the Yami brush bumper but it looks better and it costs less.[/b]
Even with that bumper on atvoutfitters, it just bolts onto the stock bumper. I think the US Yamaha is the only bumper to replace the plastic pieces and stock bumper, which is the best option i think because the stock bumper is weak.

·
DJ
5,636 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grizzrider08 @ April 2, 2009, 8:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Even with that bumper on atvoutfitters, it just bolts onto the stock bumper. I think the US Yamaha is the only bumper to replace the plastic pieces and stock bumper, which is the best option i think because the stock bumper is weak.[/b]
I know it states in the description that it bolts onto the stock bumper, but I don't see any evidence of the stock bumper being there in the pics. It may be an oversite because the older style definitely bolted over the stock one. There have been some ordered by GC members so we'll be seeing reviews on them here very soon. Might be worth waiting to find out how they mount or call Moose Utilities Division if you like the design at all. DJ. ,P.S. if the bumper is too strong and you smack something very hard you will bend the frame. Not good.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AZ08Grizz @ April 2, 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
if the bumper is too strong and you smack something very hard you will bend the frame. Not good.[/b]
That's a very good point. I've been thinking about making a rear bumper for my Rhino. I just can't decide how to mount it. I keep thinking about what will happen if it slams something hard. I keep thinking...will the tailgate, tail lights, bedsides absorb some of the impact and not bend the frame. Or will the frame take a hit pretty good, if a bumper is there to protect the high priced plastic parts? :unsure:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AZ08Grizz @ April 2, 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Checkout the "NEW" Moose bumper at atvoutfitters.net. Click on specials, then click on HD Front Bumper. It's a tubular bumper something like the Yami brush bumper but it looks better and it costs less.[/b]
That is a good looking bumper, and the price is not bad, but I would love to see what SuperATV can come up with since they did such an awesome job on the "Canadian Style" bumper that they currently offer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts