Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read through a lot of different threads and still don't have the answer I am looking for.

Growler vs. Rocker:
What are the major differences?
What is each tire specifically desinged for?
Which is the more all around tire and why?

Thanks!:gcrules:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Growlers are a directional tread design that should do slightly better in muddy situations. Rockers are non-directional and are more of a bighorn type design.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Rocker has better traction on rocks, however the Growlers are no slouch and provide excellent overall performance. Growlers will allow for a little more sidewall flex than the Rocker. Both excellent tires, probably the best on the market.

Growlers - A/T
Rockers - A/T but specialize in rock performance

Go for 'em, great tires!!

·
RIP Mike Mayho
3,703 Posts
I have both and prefer the growlers for an all around tire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Growlers are more mud and rockers of course more rock. Ive seen the rockers grab rock extremely well. I have the growlers and love them. Growlers are more of a/t and they come in the lighter weight which is great for stock clutch. I have ran over everything including roofing nails and I have yet to plug them!! Highly recommended!!

If strictly mudding is what you ride you probably be better off with a mudding tire

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX LIMITED EDITION using TAPATALK 2

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I've got the Growlers. I have to say, they do quite well in the rocks!

But I think the Rockers will out preform in rocks when the terrain is steep and possibly loose.

I'm so happy with my Growlers though, that I pulled off a new set of Bighorns from my 700 and will probably sell them... and they were very good tires! :happy2:

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Doulos: how are they holding up? I've considered those I like the looks of them problem is I want to get through mud when I come to it I absolutely HATE getting stuck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts