Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options for carrying a shotgun or rifle on the grizzly. Which is the best system for carrying??

·
Premium Member
9,272 Posts
Here its a scabbard.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Put a sling on it a strap it across your back. That would look bad ass. In Maine I have seen them mount a shotgun to the front rack with no scabbard. Must be a pretty beat up shotgun to do that.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
1,734 Posts
I use some gun racks on the front rack and have never had an issue....I do have a weather proof sleeve with easy access i use i also use same mount for my bow.... My buddy uses same mounts and keeps his in a zip up case...

Here is the bow in it and one with both machines and the rifles...

·
Premium Member
9,272 Posts
Did you check your hunting regulations?
Here, a long gun in the truck, on the seat with the magazine full and nothing in the chamber is O.K.
But on the A.T.V. there can be nothing in the mag. and it has to been in a hard case.

·
Registered
900 Posts
S&W .44 Mag on my person, and a 12 ga shotgun, S&W M&P15, or Browning 7mm Mag in the scabbard depending on the season. I like the scabbard on the front rack versus the typical rear for quicker access and less restriction for getting on and off the Griz.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S&W .44 Mag on my person, and a 12 ga shotgun, S&W M&P15, or Browning 7mm Mag in the scabbard depending on the season. I like the scabbard on the front rack versus the typical rear for quicker access and less restriction for getting on and off the Griz.

MORSNO
I like that set up , does that stay stable ? I ride some rough trails ?

·
Registered
900 Posts
MORSNO
I like that set up , does that stay stable ? I ride some rough trails ?
It mounts exactly the same on the front rack as the rear rack. You can also change the angle to be flatter or more upright depending on what you are comfortable with.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
i think it is a lot about what YOU want out of a mount. i personally like the traditional gun "mount"... because im just putting slowly and carefully to my stand. no chance of brush coming in contact with the gun, so i have no need for gun protection... a lot of guys are going longer distances so they want a scabbard. for me that would just add more inconvenience.

if you go with a grip vs scabbard, check out the "kolpin rhino grip xl"

nothing all that fancier about them than the others.. but i really like that you can leave the base on the rack, and just remove the gun grip part from them. that way when you roll it in the off season, you arent breaking your gun racks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so put off picking up a gun mount system too long. I had my .223 across the back of the Grizzly and yes i got too close to a tree and broke off the stock. New stock $135.00 could have had the Koplin setup i have now , better late than never i guess. Need to sight in the scope again now.

·
Registered
278 Posts
This is what I use, works well for me you can put the clamps sideways on the rack and that way the gun shouldn't stick out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts