Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought a new '18 Grizzly. Its my first quad and am looking to accessorize it. I'm the type of guy that will buy something and keep it the for the life of it. I'm looking at hand / thumb warmers. Is there any difference in quality between the brands? Could someone recommend a good brand ?

Thanks for all your help ,

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,661 Posts
Most generally suggest Heat Demons unless the name bothers you. :wink2:

Look for the Dual-Zone version with lock-on grips.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
X2. Head Demon dual zone ODI Lock-on. Not the glue on.

Reactions: bill74sweetman

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
I went with the cheapo's from R.M.A.T.V., on sale at the end of the year for the clearance price.
These actually work well, but have their draw backs, but other makes may have some of the same draw backs.
1) These are a glue on style, and I learned to use a lot of super glue. I tried other adhesives but once the grips heated up, the glue got soft. then....
2) The grips wear from the gloves and last me one year, so to deal with this....
3) The next year end sale had me buying two more sets of new heated grips.
4) To get the old grip off I have to use channel locks to break/tear the grip from the bars. This works and all I do is unplug the wires from the control as the control has not failed, just the rubber part of the grip.
These are 5 position heat setting which are nice, as I use them during the summer while riding in rain, to dry the gloves. It's nice to have heat, but not too hot.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I put the Quad Zone Heat Demons on my 2017. I bought them on sale at the beginning of April on sale for $116. They installed relatively easily and work great. I went with the Quad Zone for the two extra ports for other accessories and it wasn't much more than the dual zone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bill74sweetman

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
I put the Quad Zone Heat Demons on my 2017. I bought them on sale at the beginning of April on sale for $116. They installed relatively easily and work great. I went with the Quad Zone for the two extra ports for other accessories and it wasn't much more than the dual zone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Good point. I had no plans on any more accessories so I didn’t even look at the quad zone.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Good point. I had no plans on any more accessories so I didn’t even look at the quad zone.
I put an $80 pair on few years back, slide on grips. Didn't work very well. Barely got warm then on 1 grip quit all together. Spend the extra $$ and get Heat Demons

·
Registered
39 Posts
Heat Demons or Symtec........................ I've had Symtecs for years.................... now I use quad zone Heat Demons with no complaints!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts