Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,
I am looking to purchase the rox riser 5" handle bar kit with Spider A3 grips.

I also would like to purchase the Heat Demon 4 zone kit.

The obvious issue I see is the heat demon grips I'll have to settle for due to the wire integration I believe to be the case. I have seen the following but very much prefer the simplicity and style of the heat demon controlled instead of a hi/low switch, prefer 5 levels.

Can someone point out a something I am missing in order for me to have a heat demon rox riser set-up?

·
Grizzled
3,515 Posts
The Rox riser kit along with the Heat Demon lock-on grips are pretty common for Grizzly bikes. I run that same combo although my Heat Demon controller is only dual zone (right/left heated grips and thumb warmer). Not sure what "settle for" regarding wire integration means. Sure, you need to route wire from the grips, thumb warmer and controller but is easy and runs along other wiring/lines already mounted along the handle bars. Any heated grips will require wire routing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How can I have the spider grips specifically, heated?

Settle means using heat demon grips vs Spider A3 option that are offered with Rox.

·
Grizzled
3,515 Posts
Ah, somehow I missed that. Lock-on grips are far superior to press-on or glue-on, in my opinion. I personally would pass on the Rox grips. If you want to go with a press/glue-on like the Rox grips, you certainly can do something like those heat strips from Heat Demon. I'm just not a big fan of squishy grips and those Rox look like they are at least mildly squishy. I've had hot spots (turned to blisters) form on my hands from long riding days with squishy grips and padded gloves, so I don't prefer those types. I developed that opinion from decades of MTBing.

I really like the Heat Demon lock-on heated grips and even just as grips without the heat being on. But I plow with my ATV and also when out riding, if you ever get caught in the rain, the heat option is extremely nice to have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold! I had no basis of which grip on its own was superior, just visually. I'll get the rox setup and use heat demon standard grips as seems to be commonplace. Thank you, your post blisters will not be in vain!(y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts