Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 XTR, Coop45 sheave, Epi Gold spring,Ehs programmer and air lid w/ K&N, 27" zillas
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a led bulb for my handlebar headlight to match my 2 lower lights. "Bright white". I did some research and dont want to modify my housing.I want just plug and play. Just want all 3 lights to match color wise. Dont care if I lose the focus of the handlebar light. Also looking for a Thin 12" or 14" light bar to match if possible. I know im kinda asking for alot. If you have links to a bulb, light bar that would be much appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
834 Posts
Disable that 3rd light is the best option.
Amazon will be your best place to look for a small single row led light bar.

Not sure on the grizzly if that 3rd light is replaced with an h4 bulb fairly easy, or if you can use an h6m with a bit of modification like the kodiak.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 XTR, Coop45 sheave, Epi Gold spring,Ehs programmer and air lid w/ K&N, 27" zillas
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its a h6m bulb havent took it out yet. As far as a light bar im looking for recommendations for the thinnest one available so you really dont notice it. Trying to keep the factory look as much as possible with my mods.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think its a h6m bulb havent took it out yet. As far as a light bar im looking for the thinnest one available so you really dont notice it. Trying to keep the factory look as much as possible with my mods.
Oh, i hear ya, that's why there are no led bars on my kodiak, i don't find they look goid on there,. I do have 2 small rigid industries ignite pods on there. They are very small but brighter than all 3 stock lights. Currently they are mounted where the reflectors were on the rack, but my new headlight mods comming, she i might move the pods inward.

You can see the pods mounted just above the headlights in this pic.

Search amazon for a 8 or 10" single row led light bar.

Here is one option, won't get much smaller

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh nice! Those are small and barely noticeable. What wattage should I stay within to be in safe operation of the electrical system on the grizzly?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Wattage isn't your issue, it would be amprage. But shall led bar will pull less than 10 amps, you could run up to a good 30" double row a still be way way under the amprage limits of the electrical system.

Those little pods aren't cheap, they are rigids, cost me like $180 cdn for the set. But they are each 1000 lumins, they are bright. And they will take abuse.

·
Registered
2019 700 SE Tac Black
105 Posts
I did the same with my 19 Grizz, the halogen upset me 😆 though once done it was only very average in output and too low relative to glare off the rack.
I made a mounting bracket to attach via my rox riser top plate , took the power feed off the factory bulb , but put an inline switch so I could isolate / turn off my rack mounted bigger lightbar for when riding in woods or behind people to reduce the glare/bounce back of light.
It works superbly well in the technical stuff , really helping illuminate on turn in , the trail ahead.
not everyone’s cup of tea but I have no regrets.👍
120CE0A9-F04C-45E7-98D7-6901FAC4958E.jpeg
8C221AB5-C426-4F71-8EDF-42EDA914A55D.jpeg
077A297F-2035-4F63-8CA0-A485FDA2C624.jpeg
51EC6C2C-9E54-4A9F-B42B-A8865C4A104C.jpeg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh gotcha on the amps. Those are costly!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did the same with my 19 Grizz, the halogen upset me 😆 though once done it was only very average in output and too low relative to glare off the rack.
I made a mounting bracket to attach via my rox riser top plate , took the power feed off the factory bulb , but put an inline switch so I could isolate / turn off my rack mounted bigger lightbar for when riding in woods or behind people to reduce the glare/bounce back of light.
It works superbly well in the technical stuff , really helping illuminate on turn in , the trail ahead.
not everyone’s cup of tea but I have no regrets.👍
Very nice, Dont look bad at all! Whats that thing on your rack to the left of the middle light bar?

·
Registered
2019 700 SE Tac Black
105 Posts
It’s a factor55 winch hook replacement , it’s mounted on a bracket I made for it to fit on the rack , so if needed and it’s buried/underwater I can get it easily.
Better angle , maybe 😆
1583F162-94F8-484C-81F0-E25670F39355.jpeg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It’s a factor55 winch hook replacement , it’s mounted on a bracket I made for it to fit on the rack , so if needed and it’s buried/underwater I can get it easily.
Better angle , maybe 😆
View attachment 100100
Very nice, just found another mod maybe. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 700 SE Tac Black
105 Posts
Thanks , and no worries , glad to share the love 🤗

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Im looking for a led bulb for my handlebar headlight to match my 2 lower lights. "Bright white". I did some research and dont want to modify my housing.I want just plug and play. Just want all 3 lights to match color wise. Dont care if I lose the focus of the handlebar light. Also looking for a Thin 12" or 14" light bar to match if possible. I know im kinda asking for alot. If you have links to a bulb, light bar that would be much appreciated. Thx View attachment 100089
I put in a led bulb from feebay. Matches color well as I dont need the output with the lightbar.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,995 Posts
Diode Dynamics Stage Series 6" SAE/DOT White Light Bar

Reasonable cost and very high quality light . Company engineers their lights concentrating on focusing light output. This light’s output exceeds the previous 12” dual row Chinese LED light bar I purchased via AMZN with les actual LEDs. It is not priced as cheap as AMZN lights but is no where near Rigid prices. Very pleased with this light and I was also looking for smaller form factor.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been very happy with the black oak led bar I bought on sale. Its held up really well thru wet weather riding and power washes

·
Registered
60 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts