Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the clutch pads on my 2009 grizzly 700 now super hard to shift if I turn it off no problem I tried adjusting brake linkage no help. What did I do wrong it was fine before I replaced pads they were very wore. Thanks for any help. Gary

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Start by adjusting your idle rpm a little lower. See if that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How am I able to adjust the RPM I could not find anywhere that exoplanes how to adjust. Thanks for any input. Gary

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
The idle adjustment is under the black plastic forward of the seat, near the front right corner of the airbox lid. It's a very large Philips head screw. Clockwise to increase, counter-clockwise to decrease.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The idle adjustment is under the black plastic forward of the seat, near the front right corner of the airbox lid. It's a very large Philips head screw. Clockwise to increase, counter-clockwise to decrease.
I have no Philips head screw there. Is it because it's a 2009 that they changed something I'm looking as I write I see nothing at all do I need to try to take the entire air box off. Thanks feel like a knucklehead but I sure can't see any screw. Thanks again Gary

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have no Philips head screw there. Is it because it's a 2009 that they changed something I'm looking as I write I see nothing at all do I need to try to take the entire air box off. Thanks feel like a knucklehead but I sure can't see any screw. Thanks again Gary

Did some more research after posting this image, and It seems most say your not supposed to touch this screw. Apparently the idle can only be adjusted at the dealership. Here's a link that talks about it.

http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-dyno-tuning/28187-09-grizzly-700fi-idle-adjust.html

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dezz and Google images are all you need .

Did some more research after posting this, and
It seems most say your not supposed to touch this screw. Apparently some can be adjusted using the POD and others only threw the dealership.
I found it thanks for the help but did no good I'm officially tapping out throwing in the towel. Guess I'll put up with the shifting problem till I get tired of the hassle. Thanks for all the help really appreciated it. Gary

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Don't give up. That usually just ends up costing more money in the long run.
Did you replace the oneway bearing when you replaced the clutch?
Did you use factory clutch shoes or aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Did you use oem clutch pads and springs?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't give up. That usually just ends up costing more money in the long run.
Did you replace the oneway bearing when you replaced the clutch?
Did you use factory clutch shoes or aftermarket?
Did not replace one way bearing and used aftermarket shoes.

·
Registered
983 Posts
doubt its the work you did on the wet clutch..more likely something else you did.

double check the throttle cable run through the handle bars possibly the throttle is not returning to full stop position on throttle body.
..try this at idle in neutral.., turn the wheel hard left to hard right, Idle changes?

put bike into diagnostics ..look at numbers for throttle position switch ...adjust the stop on the throttle cable see if you can lower that number.

still no joy?
pull left side cover see the little triangle plate on the throttle body? the clue is that a cable runs into the top of it...blip the trottle with bike off..feel the movement inside? yup thats it.. remove those 3 hex head screws..use a magnet.
make sure that when you release the throttle that it falls back to the throttle stop, bet it doesn't ..fix that problem with the cable..got it?

if you're not sure what im talkin about download the FSM read the fuel injection section..not hard ...

walt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
doubt its the work you did on the wet clutch..more likely something else you did.

double check the throttle cable run through the handle bars possibly the throttle is not returning to full stop position on throttle body.
..try this at idle in neutral.., turn the wheel hard left to hard right, Idle changes?

put bike into diagnostics ..look at numbers for throttle position switch ...adjust the stop on the throttle cable see if you can lower that number.

still no joy?
pull left side cover see the little triangle plate on the throttle body? the clue is that a cable runs into the top of it...blip the trottle with bike off..feel the movement inside? yup thats it.. remove those 3 hex head screws..use a magnet.
make sure that when you release the throttle that it falls back to the throttle stop, bet it doesn't ..fix that problem with the cable..got it?

if you're not sure what im talkin about download the FSM read the fuel injection section..not hard ...

walt
Thanks I will give this a try after work today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts