Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of the game for a while, but am wanting to start riding again and decided to get me a new 700 Grizz. OR SO I THOUGHT.

There aren't any. I am in Western Kentucky and am not having much luck finding anything.

Anyone know anywhere where I can get one of these endangered species?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Been out of the game for a while, but am wanting to start riding again and decided to get me a new 700 Grizz. OR SO I THOUGHT.

There aren't any. I am in Western Kentucky and am not having much luck finding anything.

Anyone know anywhere where I can get one of these endangered species?
Put your name on the list at all your local dealers and wait.

Shortage everywhere

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, I will feel lucky tomorrow if I can find a dealership that has one coming in in June that I can get a deposit on. Absolutely stunned that there is a shortage of ATV's. Hard to believe all these things are selling out at full retail price. I miss abernathy's.

·
Premium Member
2020 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE
142 Posts
Almost everything is selling like that. It's taken me 3-4 months to find a fridge and dishwasher.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put my deposit down near the end of march on my new Grizz and finally picked it up today. Whats irritating was not the wait, I don't mind that, I understand idled factories and other covid disruptions yadda yadda. What frosts my butt instead is fact that the dealer had no way of knowing when it would arrive. Yamaha keeps their dealers in the dark, unlike I am told Polaris and CanAm who can tell you to the day when you'll get your new ride. Not for two months could they tell me where it was. Not until about a week in advance when Yamaha put it up on the dealers website as being in stock on their lot even though it wasn't yet. I can track the most insignificant items from the factory right to my front door but nobody can say where a 12 thousand dollar machine might be until it shows up. Go figure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Put deposit down in early Oct 2020 on my '21, picked it up the day it was delivered in mid-march. Put your name on a list and wait is unfortunately the only way to get one, unless you are lucky enough to walk into a dealer and somebody cancels.

Reactions: Rehoboth Dave

·
Registered
944 Posts
I put my deposit down near the end of march on my new Grizz and finally picked it up today. Whats irritating was not the wait, I don't mind that, I understand idled factories and other covid disruptions yadda yadda. What frosts my butt instead is fact that the dealer had no way of knowing when it would arrive. Yamaha keeps their dealers in the dark, unlike I am told Polaris and CanAm who can tell you to the day when you'll get your new ride. Not for two months could they tell me where it was. Not until about a week in advance when Yamaha put it up on the dealers website as being in stock on their lot even though it wasn't yet. I can track the most insignificant items from the factory right to my front door but nobody can say where a 12 thousand dollar machine might be until it shows up. Go figure.
Definitely not true, i have 2 friends that recently bought can ams age they were in the same boat, absolutely no idea when there would be stock. Put your name on a list with a deposit and wait by the phone.
Then the local polaris dealer here just posted to fb about finally getting an 850 in, they were holding a raffle, $100 per ticket for a chance to purchase it at employee price, limited to 100 tickets. They didn't mark up the price like most places are, but they made 10k profit from the raffle.
Is a waiting game in the dark everywhere

I should add, the polaris dealer did just make a $5000 donation to the local foodbank, so some of that profit went to a good cause.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Put deposit down in early Oct 2020 on my '21, picked it up the day it was delivered in mid-march. Put your name on a list and wait is unfortunately the only way to get one, unless you are lucky enough to walk into a dealer and somebody cancels.
Lol that's exactly how one of my friends just got his canam 850 max, went in because they weren't answering the phone, wanted to put a deposit age name on list, another salesman said he just had a guy cancel, it's black, not camo... If you want it, it's yours, or else i go to the list... My bbuddy said... Sold, I'll take it.

Now 2 other friends still on the list longer than him. Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely not true, i have 2 friends that recently bought can ams age they were in the same boat, absolutely no idea when there would be stock. Put your name on a list with a deposit and wait by the phone.
Then the local polaris dealer here just posted to fb about finally getting an 850 in, they were holding a raffle, $100 per ticket for a chance to purchase it at employee price, limited to 100 tickets. They didn't mark up the price like most places are, but they made 10k profit from the raffle.
Is a waiting game in the dark everywhere

I should add, the polaris dealer did just make a $5000 donation to the local foodbank, so some of that profit went to a good cause.

Dunno, just reporting what I had heard from friends who ride those brands.

In any case I would think Yamaha has a pretty good idea when they are going to be delivering their products to their dealers. Certainly they know in the last couple of months before arrival because we're talking about stuff that has already been built and at least in my case was assembled here in the US.

They just withhold that information from the dealers for some reason and I was curious as to why.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
365 Posts
In maine, yamaha/honda dealers are telling people itll be a 4 month wait.. at least.

Polaris is a little shorter.. 2 months lol.

Not sure about other brands.. but yeah.. everything's been sold out since last year. Welcome to the covid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Put deposit down on mine in April, they told me it would be July, but I stopped in there last week and they said June but won't give me a date. Said Yamaha changes it quite often. Knoxville Tn

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Find one in Alabama? And if you bought the silver one, that is sharp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From everything I have heard on a local ATV and SxS forum in my area Polaris and CanAm will give you a ship date but it's wishful thinking and gets revised every two weeks until it actually comes in so not any better than not getting anything. Most people seem to have had their shipping date revised at least 2-3 times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m resigned to the fact that I hat have to go get on a list as well. None to be found down here in south AL either. Really would have liked to have had one to work all summer at the hunting club, but no dice.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
365 Posts
Frequently check whatever local classifieds you prefer as well.. you never know.. someone might be selling something pretty much new.

My buddy just bought his first 4x4 wheeler, a '20 king quad 500 with 28 miles on it, found it on Facebook marketplace.

The previous owner bought it in September, had it out ice fishing a few times, and decided he wants to upgrade to a sxs for this year. Sold it to my buddy for MSRP. Which considering if he would of bought NEW, it would of cost him 1000$+ more due to dealers fees. A 1000$ discount for having 28 miles is pretty decent.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Grizzly 700 XTR plus coffee holder
28 Posts
No CanAms, Polaris, Hondas or Yamahas here in northern WI. Plenty of Arctic Cat Alterra rigs on the showroom floors though. Nobody wants them here. I live 20 miles north of where they make Polaris ATV's and they are trying to hire 100 people right now at that factory. I waited 3 months for my Grizz. Dealer was 2 weeks late on when he told me my XTR was coming in. Close enough in these times I guess and worth the wait.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts