Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Things getting any better for anybody looking? My local dealer called yesterday and said they had a base model (armor grey) 700 in, but I’m holding out for an XTR. I waited a couple hours to call him back and the thing had already sold. Hoping things open back up soon.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Grizzly 700 XTR plus coffee holder
35 Posts
Sounds like it's getting even worse around here for any and all brands or models. I have a friend that runs a factory in MN that makes specific engine parts for Polaris and Can Am. They are understaffed by 60 people right now so if shutting things down briefly in 2020 wasn't bad enough, now nobody wants to work. Apparently the factory lines running are only for new parts for new machines being built as well.(60 an hour coming off the line) All other orders for manufactured parts and OEM cargo boxes and accessories are at the back of the pack. What truly amazes me is the aftermath of closing down a factory for a little less then 3 months and they are backlogged for 3 years. There are new snowmobiles fully assembled waiting to hit dealers but missing 1 or 2 pieces. When those pieces will arrive is anybodys guess. The demand for things right now is crazy and of course no price breaks will be given.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dang, that sucks. My brother in law sells Ford vehicles but talks to all kinds of dealers. One guy told him there are 4000 fully assembled Honda ATVs in a factory in TN missing only the seat, because the foam comes from China and is backlogged! Just craziness, all around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Patience pays off!! I put a deposit down and am preparing to purchase a 2021 Grizzly 700 XT-R!

I started calling around and leaving my name and number with dealers within 150 miles of me. Talked to a really nice lady in Troy, AL this morning, and they had sold one a week or so ago. She put me on her list.

Long story short, she got back from lunch 2 hours after I talked to her and they were unloading one off the truck! She had no idea it was coming. She called me immediately, and I put down a deposit. BOOM!

Man, I'm excited to get one in time to do some work before the bow opener in October. Picking it up Tuesday of next week.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts