Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with a lot of help from Hammerhead I got our first trip to Hatfield and McCoy booked. The dates are 10/10 through 10/14/18. We are staying at the Depot Lodge and riding Rockhouse , Devil Anse , and Buffalo Mountain. If anyone would like to join us you are more than welcome to. Any trail , food , or must see location suggestions would be appreciated from those that have been before.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Oh man....maybe next year! Have a ball and be safe you guys!

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Registered
867 Posts
Have a great time, Hatfield McCoy's is on my bucket list hopefully after the Taylor Park trip in September we can focus on Hatfield and McCoy's next.

Reactions: it400 and rwreuter

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have a great time, Hatfield McCoy's is on my bucket list hopefully after the Taylor Park trip in September we can focus on Hatfield and McCoy's next.
thanks it's a check off my bucket list also

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I'll be having a good time that week too though. My best friend and I have reserved a cabin up in The North Maine Woods west of Ashland for the 14th thru the 21st of October to go Ruffed Grouse hunting. No atv'ing, but plenty of walking in the woods at the best time of year, so I'm not THAT jealous this time!LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
The trails are yours, you can ride all of the green, blue, and black trails. Black and red trails will require spotters or winches. You can ride the black and red trails for a mile or two before you hit the "no way" point and then you can turn around. If it looks bad, get off the Grizzly and take a hike since some of the trails are good until you round the bend.
BTW, I finally ordered a Big Brown Truck worth of parts, should be good to ride again after Geerig blew my wheel off in the last ride, ha. Crusher always runs me over or leaves me behind, he'll be 40 in a few days so maybe he'll slow down, hahahaha, doubt it, he drinks cobra and tiger blood too, hahahahaha.
Call me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I 2nd that motion!

Reactions: Blklab

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a few pics from our ride. We rode a little over 200 miles and had an amazing time. This place is really trail heaven if you like to cruise and look at beautiful scenery. The 220 miles we rode didn't even touch the amount of trails just around here. We rode all of Devil Anse , a lot of Rockhouse and very little Buffalo Mountain. I can't say thanks enough to Hammerhead for all the great info. We will be back for sure I'm hooked.

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Looks like a great time and thanks for the pics. I would definitely like to go next time but the Taylor Park trip was to close to yours this year. Let's get one together in the near future!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Great pics JV and the trails were primed for a mud ride after all of the rain the past few weeks and especially last weekend during your ride. Good to see everything worked out for you all and I'll definitely have to make a point to join you all on the next trip.
Thanks for sharing the pics. Take care.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've heard and read so many good things about Hatfield and McCoy. This is definitely something I would like to go there some time! Thanks for the pictures!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts