Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yep, and last time I was up there, couple years ago, the stair step had been so eroded there was nothing left to ride. Maybe sometime this year we can get a group of folks together and we'll start off at indian ridge and see if we can find all the things I used to ride up there.

Reactions: RipSteele

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If me and the wife thinks it worth the ride I'll probably go back in the Fall. I pass some good riding to get there though, but I'll probably go back to checkout twin hollow anyway.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know you do seeing you're in W GA. Trust me its worth the ride, especially if you like good steep mountain riding and great views. I'm a technical trail guy myself, I'd just assume pass by the mud and hit the 2' incline, off camber, uphill trail! LOL. But I will get muddy if needs be LOL. I'm on a slight time table at the moment, until about the end of May while remodeling the wife's house so I can sell that POS but definitely hit me up anytime you are up this way. I'd be glad to ride with you anywhere around here that you care to go (Brushy Mtn, Brown Mtn, any of the Western NC OHV areas, WV, VA, TN stuff, etc.!).

Id stay away from Uwharrie National Forest though, it's mostly truck size rocks gardens and such. Theres one trail that IIRC is the Daniel trail that most folks can go down pretty quick, then you see them winch back up for two or so hours. I bet NCMUDMAN has some awesome places in the W of NC too.

I REALLLLLYYYYY wanna go to Windrock or Brimstone sometime, never been and really looks fun.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Brown: we will be down that way the first weekend of may. We aren't going to Ashland this time tho, we are going to try out Rockhouse and those trail systems.

If you like technical riding them windrock is the place for you. The trails are much more difficult than the Hatfield system.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I go to Windrock 3 or 5 times a year for the past 10 years. It's just time to explore further out now.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
We rode 282 miles in 3 1/2 days with 102 of that being rode yesterday. I will say it's a well maintained system. We came across 3 dozers grading as we was riding. We ended up going to all the towns within ATV driving distance. I can honestly say it's the first time I've drove the grizzly too Dairy Queen. I'll probably come back and stay at twin hollows to ride the other systems next time.
Drink Tree Facial hair Beard Vacation

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice. Hope you didn't have a big trailer when you went there those cabin driveways are tight. I couldn't get my 16ft trailer in my spot last time I was there.

We will be at twin hollow in 4 weeks, I'll let you know how how it is.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Property Transport Home Sky House
I had my big enclosed trailer but I got lucky and was next to the overflow parking area

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah, that works or if you have one of the ADL cabins you can get a full size truck and big trailer in. The wife and I went down last fall and stayed in one of the smaller cabins just pasted all the big ones. With my 16ft car trailer and my truck, it was never going to fit, I would have had to take out half of the fence posts. Finally called it quits, dumped the trailer in over flow and bribed a guy with a Ranger the next day to put my trailer in since her was much shorter and tighter turning radius

·
Registered
297 Posts
Rip, did u make it over to the Rockhouse system or did u stay to the 3 you can access from Ashland?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Rip, did u make it over to the Rockhouse system or did u stay to the 3 you can access from Ashland?

I just rode the three I could get to from Ashland.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anyone going to be at the Hatfield trails next weekend? we are headed back down on wednesday for our annual trip. we are staying at Ashland and will be riding the 3 trail systems there plus the outlaws.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts