Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Purchased a used 2011 Yamaha Grizz 550 EPS this summer with about 350 miles on it (older fella used it here and there since new). I have two kids (younger than 6) who enjoy going out with me down some forestry road type riding trails.

Now that the weather is colder, my little guy is complaining that his hands get cold after about half an hour. He sits on a rear seat/cargo box combo that I picked up on Amazon.ca (sorry not enough posts to link)

I will be using the ATV for plowing in the winter, and I was wondering if anyone has purchased the heat demon quad-zone grip heater system and wired it to heat rear handle grips? If I'm going to be installing a system like this for myself, it would be nice to get some heat in the back for the little guy. Part of the problem is the wind protection (or lack thererof) for the hands. The alternative is to cut some kind of rubber protector and make the hand pockets a little taller.

Also, am I going to run into problems with too much power draw if I have all 4 hand grip heaters going at the same time, and my 14" LED light bar? I'm looking at:

Light Bar = 72 W
Heated Grips = 85 W (20 per grip and 5 thumb warmer)

Total = 160 W/12v = 13.3 A

Is this too much additional draw on the battery? I don't see too many occasions where I'd need to have this "all on" but you never know. Its something to consider anyway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Since I already have dual zone heated grips, to cheap to upgrade to 4 zone. The link below is what I'm going to be ordering for the wife " happy wife happy life " along with Kimpex wind deflector I'm assuming this would make a huge difference. For the price I'm ordering two sets of grips, if I only get a couple seasons out of each set not a big deal nothing really lost. As far as amperage out put, don't really know of the top of my head, do you have a manual? might find specs in there, or if you have a amp meter load the system (battery) when running at idle and at rpm see what you get...seems I don't have enough posts to send a link...check out ebay...search for atv heated grips..anywhere from 10/20 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts