Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I’m wondering if these grips we’re installed right from the factory? Or did they have to be put on by the dealer? Only reason I ask is I have an 18 LE Grizzly and the left hand grip makes noises like the glue isn’t set up properly when you put your hand on it. And I also see glue spots here and there on the plastic casing of the starter/headlight switch, where the heat demon grip meets. It seems snug though and doesn’t twist or anything . Would this of been the dealers improper install and not the right glue? The right side is fine. Or are they already on the handlebar right from factory and crated to the dealer that way? Attached a photo. It’s like a yellowy type glue. It peels off easily. Is this the demon grip glue???

Attachments

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I don’t know the answer to that question but if you continue to have issues and the dealer doesn’t take care of you, contact Heat Demon and see if they’ll help you out on some ODI Lock On grips. I’m surprised they would put the glue on ones on in the first place.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Have no ideal who installed them but from the pic. It looks like a lock on grip and should be no need for glue like @okbear stated, if you see a Allen screw on the metal part of the grip it is a lock on. You may check to see if they had striped the screw and glued the grip on?

Reactions: okbear

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Agreed that those are most likely lock-on HD grips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they have the Allen screw head. So I should find the right Allen wrench and try tightening and see if it just spins to see if they stripped it?

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Yes, it shouldn't be stripped, maybe just not tight...unless they stripped the head on the allen screw.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I didn’t look closely enough at your pic. My grips have a slight amount of play in them. They are tight and don’t move on the bars but if I twist the grip I can feel the slightest amount of movement within the grip itself. I figured that’s how the ODI’s are and have never had a problem with them.

Side note: Mine were transplanted from my 2010 which I rolled. The right grip was damaged but still works great. Must have been purely cosmetic. These grips are tough!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts