Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2016 Grizzly that has the AIS blocked and the dealer did work to cool her down that really helped (thanx to accusport) but the heat is seemingly coming back.

IF I was to remove those inner fenders will more air pass around the motor and exhaust??? IF I installed a fan blowing on the motor and exhaust. Would it help? ( be worth it or no?)

PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I dont find I have any heat problem with my 2016 grizzly. Might be that mine is well broken in. I have 3000 KM on mine.
I also run a fuel controller from EHS and it helps the machine not to run as lean as they do from the factory.

A fan would work, but seems like a band-aid fix and I'm not sure how easily you could install and run one that would be durable. Maybe if you find a fan unit from an older air cooled machine. It would be built to take the elements.
Honda had them and I know the old Suzuki Kingquad 300 had a large fan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the exact machine as you and once I really cleaned the mud out of the radiator from the previous owner it ran much cooler and the fan ran much less since it wasn't plugged up with dirt. I took a hose and spent time shooting a light stream of water to ensure it was all clean....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.