Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just installed my clamp on dual climate heat demons and now looking at a heated seat.l see Symtec sell a heated pad has anyone gone this route?l also see komplin sells a seat cover that plugs direct into your outlet but read on here that there is fitment issues and are bulky.Whats yalls input on heated seats.btw the grips and thumb work flawlessly.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
In my experience, stay away from heated seats. They cause more issues than they solve.
Your butt will sweat with the seat heater. This cause you to get wet with sweat. The moment you get off the bike, your butt freezes first thing. It makes for a very uncomfortable time to say the least.
And remember this is the best case senerio. This does not include if any snow gets in your crotch area. The first thing is does is melt. Causing you to get wet.

When your in the cold, sweat/wet is the enemy. In extreme cold weather if you sweat/wet, you die.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
I love my Heat Demons. I considered the heated seat as well but decided against for the same reasons dezz mentioned. Neat idea but not practical. My a$$ never got cold enough to "need" a heated seat anyway. Having enough clothes on fixes any cold issues with your body.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the heated grips and heated thumb on my old atv, to honest before I installed them, i thought the thumb warmer was a waste of money, boy was I wrong! It's amazing the difference it makes on those really cold days. My new grizz will be sporting a set before winter. On another note,
Has anyone used the heated vest or gloves ?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks guys,makes sense.l just seen them and figure I'd ask,last thing I want is "swamp ass" old lady would love that after a day's ride haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts