Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I was just searching around stuff on the web at lunch break. Did you guys know that Heat Demon makes a heated vest that is made to plug in to the controller for the grips? Not bad at $110.00 at Yamaha Sports Plaza. Now if they made long john pants to connect as well, maybe staying where there is snow when I retire so I can justify the Camso track will be worth it. Think I can convince the Mrs.? Bahh, Haaa, Haaa!!!!

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
Plumbers use heat tape, the longer the pipe the........
or as the pipes get old near retirement they start to drip and won't freeze.

Reactions: RDC and mainehunter

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah I had asked for that Heat Demon vest for Christmas. To plug into my controller next to my heated seat. I didn't get the vest yet.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
This is more but I think I’d prefer it rather than being tethered to my machine by the power cord. I’d be worried about damaging the connection if I got off and forgot about it or in the event of a roll over. Also, I assume the Heat Demon one has no battery backup and only works when plugged in. That means no heat on trail breaks when you are away from your machine or when your ignition is off. Bosch also makes a heated jacket. My buddy’s wife has one. She is fighting cancer and lost a bunch of weight so she gets cold easy. She loves the Bosch jacket.
DEWALT DCHJ062C1-L 20V/12V MAX Camo Heated Jacket Kit, Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CIM86EA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HebtAbK8GVDF2
I’m already tethered to my machine by my PTT button for my 2-way radio but that easily comes apart without damaging the plug in the event I forget or crash (I’ve tested both scenarios..... lol). Even if it does get damaged, I carry spares in my trunk.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
My buddy has a Snap-on heated jacket with a rechargeable battery pack that is super warm (I had to try it on). At 200 bucks though it will have to wait.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
My buddy has a Snap-on heated jacket with a rechargeable battery pack that is super warm (I had to try it on). At 200 bucks though it will have to wait.
Yea. They ain’t cheap. But if I was already going to spend $100, I’d have to seriously look at $200 to be able to use it all the time instead of just when I’m on the Griz. My philosophy is that if you’re cold, put more clothes on. That’s why I like the winter time in that respect as opposed to summer. You can only take so much clothing off before you attract the attention of law enforcement. lol

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plumbers use heat tape, the longer the pipe the........
or as the pipes get old near retirement they start to drip and won't freeze.
@Ridgeway81432, Bahhhh, Haaaaa, Haaaaa, Haaaa!!!!!!!!

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@okbear, thoughts and prayers are with you're wife and yourself as you go through this battle. I know what it's like, but we are lucky and my wife has been declared free and clear. Hang in there, Cap.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen the Milwaukee version of the battery heated jacket, also around $200.00. Pretty nice. I already have really good snowmobile outerwear, but now no snowmobile. I think the vest would be good under the coat, plug it in if it's cold, unplug it when it warms up. Being tethered to the machine could be an issue, just have to try to remember I guess!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
@okbear, thoughts and prayers are with you're wife and yourself as you go through this battle. I know what it's like, but we are lucky and my wife has been declared free and clear. Hang in there, Cap.
I appreciate it brother but it’s not my wife. It’s my buddy’s wife. My buddy (a coworker) introduced me to my wife who happens to be his niece. So it’s my wife’s aunt who has cancer. She’s on a trial drug and is doing better.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate it brother but it’s not my wife. It’s my buddy’s wife. My buddy (a coworker) introduced me to my wife who happens to be his niece. So it’s my wife’s aunt who has cancer. She’s on a trial drug and is doing better.
Ah yes, I see that. All the thoughts and prayers the same for you're family.

Reactions: okbear

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Milwaukee has heated jackets and a hoodie, but they're all M12. FML I just got a bunch of M18 stuff.... But, the charger does both 12 & 18 so.... My thoughts are with your wife's aunt. They are making strides everyday in the battle against cancer.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I run with the Gerbing heated vest, plugged into my ‘charging pigtail’ off my battery [from a makeshift cable adapter]. For work, I have a Milwaukee heated sweatshirt & Bosch heated jacket. Honestly, none of these two compare to the Gerbings. It heats EVERYWHERE including the neck, so it hits main arteries and warms the rest of your body from blood flow - not to mention it’s 10x warmer output.

-Opie

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I run with the Gerbing heated vest, plugged into my ‘charging pigtail’ off my battery [from a makeshift cable adapter]. For work, I have a Milwaukee heated sweatshirt & Bosch heated jacket. Honestly, none of these two compare to the Gerbings. It heats EVERYWHERE including the neck, so it hits main arteries and warms the rest of your body from blood flow - not to mention it’s 10x warmer output.
Opie - is this the one you have? I'm a buyer at $100... What kind of plug does it use? Looks like it is the same as on the heat demons, but I can't tell.

https://www.amazon.com/Gerbing-Heated-jacket-Liner-Black/dp/B009QX58CW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1515188064&sr=8-3&keywords=gerbings

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@BDSNJ, that looks pretty darn nice for $100!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Opie - is this the one you have? I'm a buyer at $100... What kind of plug does it use? Looks like it is the same as on the heat demons, but I can't tell.

https://www.amazon.com/Gerbing-Heated-jacket-Liner-Black/dp/B009QX58CW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1515188064&sr=8-3&keywords=gerbings

Same company, but this looks like the jacket (which my father wears). The jacket is nice because at the end of the arms [should] contain plugs to plug-in Gerbing heated gloves. Both vest & jacket have another plug near the waist to plug in heated pants, where the cuff (bottoms) of the pants have a plug for heated footbeds or socks... So, essentially you have a completely heated suit with (1) plug into your machine. Another good place to shop is Revzilla (reviews are excellent there) and AtomicMoto (really helpful tech support).

I have the vest, pants, heat controller (turn knob style) and footbeds. I ran them once during a winter ride (5*F) and I was toasty! Literally, it can get too hot.

They now have a Bluetooth controller that adapts to your temp if you become active, it automatically turns down the heat... Seems a bit over the top, but regardless Gerbings puts out some serious gear.

For spring/fall or chilly nights, the vest or jacket is all you need. (Assuming you have heated grips.)

-Opie

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Far as the Gerbing cord, I run something like these off my battery tender pigtail.

This is the Gerbing end that plugs into the jacket.

Then just an extension like 6’ long...

-Opie

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Same company, but this looks like the jacket (which my father wears). The jacket is nice because at the end of the arms [should] contain plugs to plug-in Gerbing heated gloves. Both vest & jacket have another plug near the waist to plug in heated pants, where the cuff (bottoms) of the pants have a plug for heated footbeds or socks... So, essentially you have a completely heated suit with (1) plug into your machine. Another good place to shop is Revzilla (reviews are excellent there) and AtomicMoto (really helpful tech support).

I have the vest, pants, heat controller (turn knob style) and footbeds. I ran them once during a winter ride (5*F) and I was toasty! Literally, it can get too hot.

They now have a Bluetooth controller that adapts to your temp if you become active, it automatically turns down the heat... Seems a bit over the top, but regardless Gerbings puts out some serious gear.

For spring/fall or chilly nights, the vest or jacket is all you need. (Assuming you have heated grips.)

-Opie
Will it also run off a battery contained in the jacket?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts