Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any ever tried installing a heated visor on their grizzly the kits look like they just connect to the battery But I can only find snowmobile specific kits

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
I hadn’t seen that done before. How does the connection from the outlet mount on snowmobile? I don’t see any reason what a kit couldn’t be made to work with the Griz. Might just take a little creativity.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Has any ever tried installing a heated visor on their grizzly the kits look like they just connect to the battery But I can only find snowmobile specific kits
@Defer, the snowmobile kits will work fine. Same thing, connects to the battery, has an inline fuse, you just need to find a good spot to mount the plug. My Ski-Doo did not have a visor plug, or even a battery. I made my own kit. I bought a 1/8" panel mount phono receptacle from Radio Shack and an inline fuse. I tapped into the headlight wire on the sled, drilled a little hole for the plug in the dash, presto! The helmet plugged in, kept the visor from fogging up, the faster the engine turned, the warmer it got!

Reactions: Defer
1 - 3 of 3 Posts