Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much research & waiting, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2018 Blue EPS from Power Sports Abrams. I'll pick it up Saturday. They beat everyone closer by 1300-1500 bucks, and were super easy to deal with.

I grew up on dirt bikes of all flavors, 3 wheelers, etc. This is the first quad. We'll use it for yard and property maintenance, as well as trail riding up here in Indian River. Can't wait to get on the trails, the wife will ride the Grizzly and I'll stick with the her TW200 for now. She never really took to the bike, but the demo Grizzly she was like a duck in water. :) Snowmobile season kind of sucked this year, so this should help make up for it.

Thanks to the forum for all the info. I had my heart set on an SE with the black wheels etc, until I saw some folks pointing out how the painted plastic doesn't hold up, so I decided the bling wasn't worth another $350.

/Curt

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Welcome to GC from Maine. You will have a ball!

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Welcome 2 GC.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome from across the pond. I have been watching their pricing and they seem to be straight shooters. Drive past them on our way up north and will consider them when it's time to get a new Kodiak.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Welcome to GC from Missouri.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Congratulations on your new Grizzly and welcome VA. Stick around long enough and we'll help you spend about 3x as much as you saved on your purchase, ha.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
10,646 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
Hey...CurtC..Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.
A few of us are coming to ride in the UP in June. You ride up there?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome, nice choice on the grizzly!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations on your new Grizzly and welcome VA. Stick around long enough and we'll help you spend about 3x as much as you saved on your purchase, ha.
Cheers
Of that I have no doubt! I have a farkled out Super Tenere, and sold a farkled out DRZ-400s last fall. :) So far the TW200 is stock, and too much fun not to keep.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey...CurtC..Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.
A few of us are coming to ride in the UP in June. You ride up there?
I haven't yet. I bought the TW200 with riding the UPAT trail route with my wife in mind. There's a pretty good sized club here in Indian River that rides all over, but the side x sides seem to be all anyone wants anymore.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I refused to buy from them, they didnt let me test drive before buying what a joke! I hope to find some people to ride with around wisconsin this year! Anyway congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome from Missouri enjoy your new ride and be safe!

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
I haven't yet. I bought the TW200 with riding the UPAT trail route with my wife in mind. There's a pretty good sized club here in Indian River that rides all over, but the side x sides seem to be all anyone wants anymore.
Our plan is to ride the UP pretty much coast to coast. We are going to start way east then make our way back to areas closer to WI.

I hear ya about the UTV's! The main trails are overrun with them. They seem to induce driving disabilities.
In our area when the town rebuilds a road they are required to put up signs that say "No Center Line"...Well WTF if a person can't see a center line WTF do they need a sign to verify it? Same on the trails..Lookie here! No center line! Must be a one-way trail!

I don't feel safe until I get out into the rough.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Our plan is to ride the UP pretty much coast to coast. We are going to start way east then make our way back to areas closer to WI.

I hear ya about the UTV's! The main trails are overrun with them. They seem to induce driving disabilities.
In our area when the town rebuilds a road they are required to put up signs that say "No Center Line"...Well WTF if a person can't see a center line WTF do they need a sign to verify it? Same on the trails..Lookie here! No center line! Must be a one-way trail!

I don't feel safe until I get out into the rough.
When you riding that? I would like to tag along if possible..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts