Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought a Grizzly 450 EPS a few months back, it's generally been fine but occasionally has issues starting (clicks but doesn't turn over and then loses all power). There was a whole bunch of dried mud and crud under the seat, around the battery and near the fuse box which has clearly been there for years, lots of corrosion on the starter relay.

I took things out to clean then up a bit and discovered the two red wires coming out the end of the harness (in the picture) seemingly hanging loose. I can't work out what they are, or where they are supposed to be connected. The ends are pretty oxidised, so unsure if they were hanging on by a thread and I knocked them loose or if they've been loose for a while.

Does anyone know what they are and where they should be connected?

Thanks.

Motor vehicle Automotive battery Electrical wiring Cable Gas

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Got a winch?. What other aftermarket mods.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Do those red wires have any tracer colors on them or are they solid red?
Looking at the wiring diagram a solid red wire from the voltage regulator is probably that gage. It feeds voltage to the battery and to stating relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of them is solid red - the other has what looks like a black tracer on it (could be dark brown). Yeah the gage is pretty thick compared to the wires leading to the fuses.

The only other thing I did find - bit of googling around and someone selling a harness from a similar model included the pic below. The red wrapped cables I've got looks somewhat like the bit in the picture - without the connector on the end. Difficult to tell from this angle but might be a white plug connected to a green relay? I didn't find a similar bit loose in any of the compartments under the seat.

Picture 2 of 5

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Only 2 places used the red/black wire. One goes to the kill switch. That doesn't involve a relay. The other goes to the fan relay. My manual is 09 and for some reason they forgot to included the cooling system electrical. They actually don't have a fan on any of the schematics. The cooling fuse, relay and circuit breaker is on the schematics but no fan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts