Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wanting to do the 4 450 clutch weighs with 4 700 weights on my grizzly 700 but my question is do i stagger the weights or just put them in

·
Premium Member
9,254 Posts
Stagger them.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Why not just go with 8 16 or 18 gram greaseless weights?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure only reason im considering this is cause i want more low end when im running the atv in high rang an from what i read this is suppose to be a good setup an it dosent take much of my top end away

·
Registered
71 Posts
As i have come to learn, weights only vary where upshift happens. Lighter weights means higher revs before upshifting. For more low end or off the line snap u need to either shim or machine primary sheave or a combo of both.

·
Premium Member
9,254 Posts
not sure only reason im considering this is cause i want more low end when im running the atv in high rang an from what i read this is suppose to be a good setup an it dosent take much of my top end away
The lighter weights will limit weight travel from reduced centrifugal force so the belt doesn't travel enough to achieve high top speed with the engine running wide open.
Its like using a lighter rock on the end of a string and swinging it around your head. If you can swing it fast enough you can get the string straight out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts