Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m buying a grizzly 700 it’s a 2013 and efi the listing said that sometimes it will act like it has a dead battery, but once it’s running it runs great, does anyone know how to solve this problem, and is it cheap or am I going to have to spend more money, also is this a bad buy, it has snorkels, tires, lift, the whole 9 yards just let me know, could it be just need to make sure all the connections are tight or cleaned, maybe the solenoid. Just let me know what you think

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
When you said snorkeled, I lost interest in the bike.
Then the lift kit caused me less interest.
As it won't start, and the owner is not fixing it, get ready for a big problem.
That'll be 2 cents :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from Colorado.
When you said snorkeled, I lost interest in the bike.
Then the lift kit caused me less interest.
As it won't start, and the owner is not fixing it, get ready for a big problem.
That'll be 2 cents :)
Ok but it does start it just on the occasion it acts like the battery is dead when it’s not, but thanks for you 2 cents that gives me idea that I should look for something more stock, but let’s just say it’s mine already, what do you think the issue is?

·
Premium Member
11,163 Posts
There's no telling with a bike like that, the way you listed the mods. I wouldn't buy a bike with those mods, and showed no pictures.
Some know what they're doing, and other do not. I have ridden with members with snorkels and know their shit, and their bikes run great. But the bike you're considering doesn't. Tell the guy to fix it first and see what he says.
Is it the charging system, shorted wires or both? Your guess is as good as mine.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
Could be a bad battery, could have bad wiring from mudding,

same as Ridgway, unless you know the seller very well, and the history of the machine, walk away.

I sold my snorkeled Grizzly but represented it as in excellent rideable condition, sold locally.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
I agree with them . Get it fixed cause electical stuff could be exp or a dumb problem like finding a needle in a haystack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts