Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody help to identify what electrical item is missing from this picture, I thought there was something in shrink tubing but I don't remember, I don't think these wires went anywhere. The local rats got in and decided to chew on my cables and took whatever was there with them, they got a whole bunch of other cables too, not just bit through as in cut them but chewed out whole segments so I will have to take out the front end to get to all of them to repair.

I live in Chile, South America, I've had my 2012 Grizzly 700 EPS for 7 years and it's been fine, a week before I needed to sell it the rats got to it, argh.
I need to do this myself, dealers and mechanics down here are usually a lost cause and do more harm than good.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Hey....Reytag.....Welcome to GC from Wisconsin
Where are you located in Chile? I was down there in 2018.

What colors are those wires?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey....Reytag.....Welcome to GC from Wisconsin
Where are you located in Chile? I was down there in 2018.

What colors are those wires?
Hey there, I am near Puerto Varas, about 600 miles south of Santiago.

The wires are black and brown, one single wire of each color.

·
Premium Member
9,063 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Looks like the rats used wire cutters.
I guess you realized something wrong trying to start/run the bike, what system is not working? or burning a fuse?

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Reytag...The European and Canadian Grizzlies schematics show that the only wires of that combination are for a horn. Later models have a diagnostic port near that location but those have three wires black, yellow and red.
FYI the black is always a ground wire. Maybe trace the brown wire to find what is on the other end.

I was mostly south at Torres del Paine. We jump on a ship in Puerto Natales sailed for 3 days in the glacial fjords. Stopped in Santiago, and Valparaiso on our way home. Loved Chile, Great people, food and sites.
Maybe a pictures.
P1310009.JPG P1310051.JPG P1310092.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from Colorado.
Looks like the rats used wire cutters.
I guess you realized something wrong trying to start/run the bike, what system is not working? or burning a fuse?
Yeah, it always started within a few seconds, after they ate through the wires it just turns over without starting and I got a bunch of errors and check engine light on the display, I took the engine cover off to see a lot of droppings and all the cut wires, it's worse than you can see, they got all the way down into the lower wires too, will have to take the whole front end off as the harness is so tight and taught, no slack to work with and some of the wires are in deep canals... :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reytag...The European and Canadian Grizzlies schematics show that the only wires of that combination are for a horn. Later models have a diagnostic port near that location but those have three wires black, yellow and red.
FYI the black is always a ground wire. Maybe trace the brown wire to find what is on the other end.

I was mostly south at Torres del Paine. We jump on a ship in Puerto Natales sailed for 3 days in the glacial fjords. Stopped in Santiago, and Valparaiso on our way home. Loved Chile, Great people, food and sites.
Maybe a pictures.
It wasn't for a horn, there was some small item in a shrink wrap / tube, almost like a termination of some sorts but I don't remember exactly, will try and dig deeper.
Nice pics!

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Found another schematic not sure of the year. It has the diagnostic port as having a black, brown and a blue/ black wire.
These ports are always in the general area of your missing part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found another schematic not sure of the year. It has the diagnostic port as having a black, brown and a blue/ black wire.
These ports are always in the general area of your missing part.
Thanks, I'll also try and continue investigating on my end, looking to see if I can find a similar one in the area here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts