Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
if i've created this topic in the wrong section, please postpone this, thanks!

It's a about buying a atv, especially for the snow. For me personally it's not important if it has 450cc or 700cc or if it is a Kodiak or a Grizzly. For it is more important the differentil.

Is there an atv (Grizzly or Kodiak) with two differantials?
front and rear?

thanks for your help

kapeko05

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes the Grizzly and Kodiak both have a front and rear differential. Some older 4x4 ATV's will have 2 cv axles from the engine case in the rear and a seperate front differential

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
hi,
if i've created this topic in the wrong section, please postpone this, thanks!

It's a about buying a atv, especially for the snow. For me personally it's not important if it has 450cc or 700cc or if it is a Kodiak or a Grizzly. For it is more important the differentil.

Is there an atv (Grizzly or Kodiak) with two differantials?
front and rear?

thanks for your help

kapeko05

Yes the Grizzly and Kodiak both have a front and rear differential. Some older 4x4 ATV's will have 2 cv axles from the engine case in the rear and a seperate front differential
No they do NOT have an open style rear differential. The rear axles are all locked. Only the front has a REAL differential.

Very few atvs ever existed with an open rear differential.

·
Premium Member
9,006 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
The rear is a final drive and the front a differential. I like the electric activation of the Grizzly for the front diff.
You thinking new or used?
I don't know of any brand made with a rear differential, and two me that would be damn near unusable. I broke a rear axle once on a long ride and what a P.I.T.A. to get back to the truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts