Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, I just picked up a 2012 Grizzly 700 with worn-out tires, I've done some research and looked at different tires and found the one I want, the Sun F A033 all-terrain. Just had a question, will a 28x9-12 front and 28x11-12 rear fit on a stock Grizzly? I wanted a 27" but they only have 26" and 28". 28" is tempting but I also want to maintain good handling and control. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I just installed 28 inch Maxxis Zillas on my grizzly.
28-10-12 front 28-12-12 rear. The fit easily and honestly they spin up almost like stock. Zillas are super light.

I have a Bf clutching machined sheave. So that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That’s my summer tire setup.
I run 26” Bighorns’s that are studded in the winter.
The 26” bighorns measure over 26” tall.
The 28” Zillas measure under 27” tall.. There’s no honor in tire sizing. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
277 Posts
You can go up to a 30" with only minor rubbing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Get a machined sheave for the bigger tires, as they will make the gearing higher.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,621 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I'm not sure of the tires you are going with, but most A.T.V. tires run short to stated size. If you feel a loss of low end take-off power, a machined primary will help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put 27" Zillas on 14" MSI rims, love them! They ride very smooth for such an aggressive tread...can't feel the weight vs old 26" stock tires and rims..

·
Registered
900 Posts
I put 27" Zillas on 14" MSI rims, love them! They ride very smooth for such an aggressive tread...can't feel the weight vs old 26" stock tires and rims..

Zillas are super light weight, especially considering those bigger lugs. I've ran 26" Zillas on my last three Grizzly's, never had a flat either! Put them on my Wolverine and went two seasons before having my first sidewall puncture that was fixed with 1 plug.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys.. I’ve gotten a ton of great info from this forum so I decided to join.. look I have a 2004 kodiak 400 and recently was given some 14 in tires.. I knew I had 12 in rims but was thinking I could just buy 14 in rims and put em on.. but with a lil looking I’m guessing that’s not possible.. does anyone know how I can get 14 in rims to fit my kodiak?

·
Premium Member
10,621 Posts
Go to your other post/thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts