Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I just purchased a 2020 Kodiak 700 EPS, it has the two bumper lights and then the headlight on the steering column that comes on with the high beam. Since I installed a front cargo box the center headlight is useless, so I want to disable it and have the 12" LED light bar I purchase come in with high beams instead.

Here is the light bar I purchased... Nilight ZH007 Led Light Bar 12 Inch 72W Spot Flood Combo with Off Road Wiring Harness, 2 Years Warranty, Light Bars - Amazon Canada, can anyone give me some advice or a wiring diagram on how I should wire this up. 12v electrical is not my thing (at least yet!), lol. To clarify, I don't want to use the additional switch that came with the light bar, I just want to use the factory handlebar switch (low beams for bumper headlights, and high beam switch for bumper lights + LED light bar).

Grateful in advance for any assistance!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Take that 3rd light apart, remove the bulb. There will be 3 wires, you only need 2. If I remember cord it's a yellow one, or one with a yellow strip that you won't be using. The other 2 are your positive and ground. Connect them to your light bar. Light bar red is positive, black is ground.

LEDs are diodes, they only flow electricity one direction, therefore, they only light up if the positive and negative are connected correctly.
Connect those 2 wires, try your light, if it doesn't light up, switch the wires around and try again.

You should be able to connect directly to those wires if you are eliminating the bulb from the 3rd light. most small led bars won't draw more amps than that bulb would.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Use the yellow wire from your third headlight, and a ground.
I also put mine on the accessory switch, that way it comes on with the high beam switch, but I can turn it off separately if it is too bright for the situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts