Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine with close ties to a local dealer told me that Yamaha was going to release a single seat UTV similar to the Polaris ACE.

Anyone else hear this?

I think the Yamaha CVT would be pretty cool in a machine like that!
That's all I have on it for the moment.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I hope it's not true, that's a waste of a release if it counts towards the "6 new utv releases", we need a wolverine 4 seater, 1000 4 seater, and a 50" wolverine a lot more than an ace

·
Registered
220 Posts
A friend of mine with close ties to a local dealer told me that Yamaha was going to release a single seat UTV similar to the Polaris ACE.

Anyone else hear this?

I think the Yamaha CVT would be pretty cool in a machine like that!
That's all I have on it for the moment.
If they could shoe horn the 1000 triple in there I think they'd have a winner on their hands!!! Steal away lots of ATV buyers who ride Yammys or off brands .....................provided they price it right and avoid greed!!

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
I don't doubt it. Think about it... Polaris is now coming out with the 3rd iteration of the ACE and supposedly, the product has done well for them. There would not be a third version if it hadn't done well.

The ACE is in a market that virtually has no competition and I would rather see Yamaha get a piece of that pie which will also help to continue development within other markets.

Patience grasshopper :icon_ goofy:

Reactions: Sugarfoot

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I don't know, I just don't get it (the ace) I would just get a 50" if I wanted a small sxs. I feel like id have way more control over an atv than an ace also, but like you said they must be selling.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kind of like the idea of the single seater. I know I wouldn't be happy being a passenger for long. I have been trying to talk my wife into an ACE because she has absolutely no interest in an ATV. But driving it like a car may do the trick eventually.....

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
I see the market for them. It's not for me but like Sugar said he's trying to talk his wife into it. Probably for the same reason I'll end up with a RZR for my wife and kids.... More seat time on the Griz for me!!! If she's comfortable and happy, I get to play more.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I guess if you'll never have a passenger it makes sense because the 50" sxs are pretty cramped

I get what you mean on the rzr, I'm hoping yamaha makes something for 4+ besides the limo viking by the time I'm ready to buy

·
Registered
900 Posts
I guess if you'll never have a passenger it makes sense because the 50" sxs are pretty cramped

I get what you mean on the rzr, I'm hoping yamaha makes something for 4+ besides the limo viking by the time I'm ready to buy
My guess is a 4 seat Wolverine next.....

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
That's what I'm hoping for, It'll be a little while on my side though

·
Registered
856 Posts
I sure hope not. I really don't see many of them at all on the trails around here..they just don't seem like a hot ticket item.

I think if Yamaha did one too, they would just look like a copy cat. There are other areas in the Yamaha lineup that need attention and more development, certainly not an "Ace" copy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sure hope not. I really don't see many of them at all on the trails around here..they just don't seem like a hot ticket item.

I think if Yamaha did one too, they would just look like a copy cat. There are other areas in the Yamaha lineup that need attention and more development, certainly not an "Ace" copy.
I haven't seen as many of them as I have the 2 seaters, but I did see 3 or 4 on the Baldwin MI trip and a few the last time I was at the Attica IN Badlands. I think they are coming on.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Maybe not a 1-seater but definitely Yamaha, to preview at the Tokyo auto show in the near future. Various articles released 10/17

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I don't buy into much rumor coming from a dealer. We all know they have no idea till release date it's been proven time and time again.
On the other hand I would be all for yamaha releasing a single seater into their lineup with the 708 in it. Yes more exciting with the 1000 but I think they would fallow the wolverine platform in a single seat. Only reason is I would be all for strapping my daughter into it once she gets a lil older ... or alot older .. almost 4 months now but think she needs a few more years

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd be interested, hopefully they improve on or atleast match the ease of getting in and out of the ace and make it an EPS model and a matched or surpassed engine (900cc twin in the popo) power.:lala:

I'd buy an ace if it wasn't a polaris!

Reactions: Sugarfoot
1 - 16 of 16 Posts