Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I just purchased a 2006 Grizzly 660. Contemplated many models before my purchase, but I always came back to the Griz when looking. I have a few minor issues I need to learn about with my machine, but I am hoping to find that info here.

• I have trouble shifting into gear with the foot brake and must use the left handle, while shifting with my right hand.
  • it wont start in Park
  • The fuel gauge doesn't work.
  • It has a headlight out, so I hope to find some info on LED replacements
Really loving the machine though, I am hoping the shifting issue is just a linkage adjustment

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Southern Oregon!

Congratulations on your new acquisition! While I have no answers to the issues with your machine, there are many helpful people on this forum willing to share their knowledge. Hopefully some of them will chime in.

Happy Trails!

: )B

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Welcome 2 GC.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Welcome to GC from Tn.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello all
I just purchased a 2006 Grizzly 660. Contemplated many models before my purchase, but I always came back to the Griz when looking. I have a few minor issues I need to learn about with my machine, but I am hoping to find that info here.

• I have trouble shifting into gear with the foot brake and must use the left handle, while shifting with my right hand.
  • it wont start in Park
Really loving the machine though, I am hoping the shifting issue is just a linkage adjustment

Hi hotrod, they’re a good tough ride, hope you have a good run with it, got a link here for you for led lights, got these on mine and they are really good, way better than original, I think they are even better than my new Grizzly's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-08-YAMAHA-GRIZZLY-660-600-LED-HEADLIGHTS-CONVERSION-KIT-PAIR-USA-4X4-pc/142131414781

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Welcome to GC from Missouri!!!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,381 Posts
Hello all

• it wont start in Park
Welcome to GC from Wisconsin,

The shifter and the brakes are tied together. You must first adjust the rear brake before adjusting the linkage.
Adjusting the brakes and linkage may fix your first two problems.

My 660 fuel gauge went nut on me also. Safer to track mileage and take look in the tank.

Never found a good led bulb. We have the same bulbs in the Kodis, Just junk.. they burn out fast and the lead contact points wear down causing arcing and lights out. I have add solder to the points on one of the Kodi's handle bar light. One pigtail on my 660 fried from this arcing problem. I replace the bulbs with HID bulb kits.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree with looking at the right foot brake linkage that might be the solution, if you live in a winter/cold part of the country the shifter would often freeze up and this only required opening the drain tube on the left front size.

I had 13 great years with my 660, was a beast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts