Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of high lifter rear springs for the back of my Griz, as much as I would have liked to buy a full set of the Elka stage 4 it just wasn't in the cards for now, I have used high lifter springs before and had good results not to harsh, I find they recover your ride height and handle heavier loads better, I do a lot of towing and ride two up every now and then, my shocks seem to be all right, the high lifter springs came in the stock colour silver for my SE, with 5 settings on the shock I should be able to dial in to the factory ride and have good maybe more than stock ride height in the rear, my factory springs were sagged big time and were set on the highest setting and would still get rubbing were I would not before, the front seem to be fine with the factory springs still good ride height.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had silver Highlifter springs on my Grizz for over a year. Handling - especially body roll improved a lot. Diving while breaking or fast corners was reduced. I had them on second click - all 4 corners. However I've noticed that stronger spring and stock shocks make quad 'bouncy'. While riding uphill even small bump fires front wheels to the air - that can be scary.
So Grizzly handles better in most of situations, but wheel travel remains the same and you can experience some unexpected wheelies. Sometimes suspension instead of compensating for some bumps - accelerates them, and wheel travel does not allow fast 'gliding' over drops. Anyway for work purposes - I think Highlifter will make a nice upgrade.
Finally I decided to get Elka Stage 3 - waiting for delivery ;-)

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had silver Highlifter springs on my Grizz for over a year. Handling - especially body roll improved a lot. Diving while breaking or fast corners was reduced. I had them on second click - all 4 corners. However I've noticed that stronger spring and stock shocks make quad 'bouncy'. While riding uphill even small bump fires front wheels to the air - that can be scary.
So Grizzly handles better in most of situations, but wheel travel remains the same and you can experience some unexpected wheelies. Sometimes suspension instead of compensating for some bumps - accelerates them, and wheel travel does not allow fast 'gliding' over drops. Anyway for work purposes - I think Highlifter will make a nice upgrade.
Finally I decided to get Elka Stage 3 - waiting for delivery ;-)
Just put them on today, only the rear springs I replaced the front seem ok with the ride height plus it will help smooth out the ride, made quite a difference in the rear ride height, I would say abit higher than stock new, set on second notch, probably set rear to first notch for trail riding for more plushness, gained lots of adjustment in the rear for towing and occasionally two up, Elka stage 3 are a nice upgrade for sure. let us know how you like them. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts