Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a titan series muffler today and a fuel optimizer. The only thing that has me concerned is the optimizer is for a 2016 and my grizzly is a 2017. I know that the 2016 an 17 have the same motor and specs but what I don't know is if I will be causing problems down the road. does anyone here foresee a problem?Any help on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So I ordered a titan series muffler today and a fuel optimizer. The only thing that has me concerned is the optimizer is for a 2016 and my grizzly is a 2017. I know that the 2016 an 17 have the same motor and specs but what I don't know is if I will be causing problems down the road. does anyone here foresee a problem?Any help on this would be appreciated.

I would think an email to hmf would help. They could tell you if that base fuel tune is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’m curious how much was it? I only found the $50 rebate code for their site, and I’m looking at getting the same exhaust bc today I bought the EHS optimizer.

·
Registered
365 Posts
2016,17,18 same same, I have not heard of any differences.

Reactions: Dmadman72

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have no experience with tuners nor the 16+ model grizzlys. I assume that it will work without any issues. But I must ask this question.
Why would you pay for a product without being sure
It was compatible with your atv?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no experience with tuners nor the 16+ model grizzlys. I assume that it will work without any issues. But I must ask this question.
Why would you pay for a product without being sure
It was compatible with your atv?
I haven't paid for it yet ;) . I have seen them all over amazon and ebay listed as 16/17. It wasn't until I was getting the settings off the HMF site that I noticed that there was a different product # for the 17. I am getting from my dealer and they only had listings up to 16. As I stated, everything about the 16/17 is the same. the muffler is good for grizzlies from 07 to 17 so I assumed the listings for the optimizer would be accurate.

I paid (or will be paying) $525 CAD for the muffler through my dealer.

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I haven't paid for it yet ;) . I have seen them all over amazon and ebay listed as 16/17. It wasn't until I was getting the settings off the HMF site that I noticed that there was a different product # for the 17. I am getting from my dealer and they only had listings up to 16. As I stated, everything about the 16/17 is the same. the muffler is good for grizzlies from 07 to 17 so I assumed the listings for the optimizer would be accurate.

I paid (or will be paying) $525 CAD for the muffler through my dealer.
Good answer.
As others have stated, I'm sure it will work to. Post pics of your ride!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Dmadman have you checked out the EHS Racing fuel controller? That is what a lot of us use.

EHS Racing ? Custom ATV & Motorcycle Shop

Welcome to EHS Racing -
Not really. I did a bit of research on barkers but didn't think they would be right for me. If I was more into trail riding and not so much into mudding I would have gone with the big 3 from EHS racing. I decided to go with the HMF optimizer because it was built for the muffler I am getting. Quiet series BTW. That being said, I still have the wife grizzly to do up :wink2:

Reactions: RDC

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nothing wrong with Hmf, they also make a nice setup.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I found out from HMF that apparently the optimizer for the 17 is different then the 16. Just thought I would leave this here in case anyone ever searches. So I have my exhaust sitting beside me at the computer and I am waiting on the proper optimizer.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I sure don’t see any difference, just saying. I did notice that it looks like they have updated from a gen.3 to a 3.5 but they both fit a 16-17 grizzly models.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sure don’t see any difference, just saying. I did notice that it looks like they have updated from a gen.3 to a 3.5 but they both fit a 16-17 grizzly models.
On the HMF site the 16 has 5 settings while the 17 has 6. I don't know if this has anything to do with the AIS issues or not?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think someone gave you the wrong information, this just come from there website, let us know what it is when it arrives!

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I think someone gave you the wrong information, this just come from there website, let us know what it is when it arrives!
But mine is a 2017, Not a 2016. I really appreciate all your help with the Subject BTW. You will notice the one for the 17 has a green/blue mode 4, Mode 5 is orange/blue and mode 6 is red/blue. The 2016 version has orange/blue mode 4, red/blue mode 5 and no mode 6
https://www.hmfracing.com/exhausts/yamaha/grizzly-700#model-tuning

Reactions: RDC

·
Registered
365 Posts
Damm I see it now,the 16 has no # 4 mode just 1,2,3,5,6, what the hell, my bad! Going to eye doctor first thing Monday!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts