Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My HMF swamp exhaust is due for repacking, I know they offer the service, but being in Canada, cross border shipping, duties, etc, it's just not a viable option.
Being in Canada, most products are overpriced also...If it was earlier in the season I would have shipped US and brought it back on a vacation but time is out lol.

I shopped around and would like to recreate the same kind of packing HMF used originally.

Problem is, everything I could find readily available here is too small; For cores up to 2inch diameter, mine is 4", and the muffler housing is 4-7/8x15"

I want to use a muffler core sleeve; would using two in order to cover my surface area doable?
Kitchen utensil Font Cylinder Fashion accessory Metal

Also, I tought about using a packing pillow, Moose make them but they seem to be too small for my use. Any other recommendations?

My goal is to attain "as quiet as possible" sound "see you in a few years" maintenance schedule..

Thank you !!

·
Super Moderator
1,889 Posts
Hello!

My HMF swamp exhaust is due for repacking, I know they offer the service, but being in Canada, cross border shipping, duties, etc, it's just not a viable option.
Being in Canada, most products are overpriced also...If it was earlier in the season I would have shipped US and brought it back on a vacation but time is out lol.

I shopped around and would like to recreate the same kind of packing HMF used originally.

Problem is, everything I could find readily available here is too small; For cores up to 2inch diameter, mine is 4", and the muffler housing is 4-7/8x15"

I want to use a muffler core sleeve; would using two in order to cover my surface area doable?
View attachment 103643

Also, I tought about using a packing pillow, Moose make them but they seem to be too small for my use. Any other recommendations?

My goal is to attain "as quiet as possible" sound "see you in a few years" maintenance schedule..

Thank you !!
Yup to a 2" cute will work perfectly fine for you. That just means you will have to cut some off the packing. The core is the empty area, so the smaller the coffee, the more material is needed to fill the void. You have a larger empty area with a 4" core, which is why those pipes are ungodly loud. Any standard paking kit should work for you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot CanadianKodiak700,
This pipe is surprisingly quiet (with quiet core), It sounded quieter than my OE 7000km muffler, deeper yes, but way quieter and less annoying. I want to keep it this way by all means!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts