Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally...Finally got my optimizer for my HMF Titan QS that has been sitting on my living room floor for a month now. I ordered the optimizer on the 27th of March as they claimed it was in stock and would ship within 24 hours, Which they promptly charged me for. Unfortunately they just forgot to ship it. I call the fallowing Monday and get some sob story about how they are switching suppliers. I swear, He threatens to hang up. I am forced to grovel with this guy to get the part that I have every right to be mad at not having. I got both of them installed. Not to loud thank goodness. I haven't had time to take it for a run yet.

As you may be able to tell I am not to impressed with HMF's service, Hopefully the product is better than the service. I will never deal with them again and if you choose to, stay on top of them.

You might ask why I waited so long to order the optimizer? well I ordered it at the exact same time as the muffler through my dealer. the muffler that was supposed to be unavailable until the end of march was there the next day and the optimizer that was supposed to be there the next day was put on back order. On the 27th I found out it would be almost June before I got the optimizer. HMF had it "in stock" for $100 more then the dealer was charging me but...I needed it. I also got dinged $56 CAD for shipping and $115 for duty and tax. So $270 more then I would have got it for I FINALLY have it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not quiet so bitter now that I got to take it for a ride. It is a very noticeable difference. It has some pops on deceleration but the acceleration is majorly improved. I will give the AIS delete a try. If it cures the popping I will call it good, if not I will play around with the optimizer. If I leave out all the hassles I had getting the stuff I am very happy with it.

P.S. Seeing as I can't find a way to edit my post, I will try to calm down before posting in the future.

Reactions: Pjniez

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not quiet so bitter now that I got to take it for a ride. It is a very noticeable difference. It has some pops on deceleration but the acceleration is majorly improved. I will give the AIS delete a try. If it cures the popping I will call it good, if not I will play around with the optimizer. If I leave out all the hassles I had getting the stuff I am very happy with it.

P.S. Seeing as I can't find a way to edit my post, I will try to calm down before posting in the future.

@Dmadman72
Glad to hear that acceleration is majorly improved as I am thinking about doing the same with my 2017 Grizzly! Mine doesn't really pop that much. It does it. But, I don't think it is really that bad right now with everything being stock. I am interested to see how yours turns out. Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest I haven't bothered fine tuning. I just deal with the pop. I did the AIS delete but that didn't really help. It don't pop anymore then stock but it is louder

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok thanks. I had a Mbrp and took it off. now have a home made tip on which sounds way better than stock but the louder pop is annoying. haven't tried a fuel controller yet but had two dealers try to adjust which was a wast of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts