Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,472 Posts
Does anyone know how many watts you can run? I was thinking of mounting one from the reflector brackets which is about 28 and a half inches. Most of the 28 inch lights I've seen are 120-180 watts. I will use a relay with a direct power source from the battery with my disconnected handlebar headlight wiring for the exciter wire so it will only work on high beam setting.
I recall that the 12V ACC plug has a 10A fuse so you should be safe adding aftermarket electrical items to at least 10a. As for lighting, quality over quantity. There is no real need for a 28" light bar. I know CK700 didn't seem to be a fan of DiodeDynamics but I am very pleased with the light bar I have. I have a DiodeDynamics Stage Series 6" SAE/DOT White Light Bar (SAE DOT Driving) and it puts out great light and much better than a recommended 12" dual row cree LED light bar I got off of amazon. In the following pictures, I do also have two cheap 3" fog lamps directed towards the sides to fill in side lighting but only used them because I already had them otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. The DD 6" light I have puts out excellent light for riding at night.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Water Water resources Atmosphere Light Leaf

· Grizzled Moderator
4,472 Posts
I can't say I've trail ridden, dirt road ridden in the dark running 40-50 mph to know for sure but I feel the lighting I have is very sufficient to do that. I would be fine with the single 6" light but do like the added fog cubes pointed to the sides. Do I need those? No. Will I remove them? No. The 3" cubes I have are cheapy Auxbeam lights that were purchased on amazon for roughly $20. I don't buy additional wiring harnesses as I do my own which are run off of my fuse block that is relay energized by the keyed on ACC wire.

Reactions: diverscale

· Grizzled Moderator
4,472 Posts
The light output from that 6" bar is amazing, especially when you consider the price. It may not be a Baja or Rigid but I personally don't see the need to spend the money on a Baja or Rigid when this DD light puts out the light it does. The $84 for the 6" light is about what it cost before pricing went up on them... good mention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts