Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
141 Posts
just checked on my 2022 and it has low and high beam on the LED headlights. Get in front of your ATV, put it on low beam, with your arm extended while looking at your headlight, put it on high beam, you'll see there is another spot that lights up in the housing. Maybe you didn't notice it on the road as it is not that noticeable because the third light lights up at the same time?

· Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
141 Posts
To add to RedRocket;

Pretty much every trail ride I do end up in complete darkness (I am a late riser) I count on my 2 front and 1 rear 6" diode dynamics and damn these are the best light bars for the bucks I've seen. (Though they bumped the prices in the last months)

I have one front driving pattern, 1 front fog pattern and 1 rear fog pattern (will replace with flood soon).

The light bars are solid, the beam pattern is perfect, and the color temperature is not to cold contrary to cheaper LEDs I've used. I also love that you can separately buy new lenses for two reasons: if yours gets scratched up or damaged, cheap (like 5$) replacement, or to quickly change the beam pattern (like I'll do with my rear fog to flood pattern) without buying a new light bar.

The wattage is also pretty low as I use only 50 watts with my 2 front bars on, so I have headroom for all my heated equipments. The huge cheap ones draw watts like alcoholics and you could end-up with a weak or dead battery These are my favorite add-on on my bike.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

· Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
141 Posts
I do higher speed for the same reason as you, I could ride with only the one 6inch driving light I have for sure and it would be enough. But I love the added benifit of having a wide angle fog pattern to see more on my sides, but not mandatory for sure. My fog pattern do not add to the throw, just wideness, so no difference for higher speed driving. Careful to slow down a bit at night on trails, no amount of light will light up a ditch or hidden obstacle.

I do mostly ride with both on though. It's bright for a 6in, if aimed correctly, your third light will make absolutely no difference. I consider it a back up just in case.

They also have a spot pattern, but driving is perfect for us. The flood is really low range lighting, the fog pattern is actually very impressive, it's a very clear and clean line of light in front of you. It's my favorite one and often light this one only for working or slow speeds

Fog pattern on my dirty wall, it's actually much crisper and cleaner than this but no better picture:
Automotive tire Wall Gas Flooring Tints and shades

Benefit of fog pattern in conjunction with driving pattern (light on the sides). You can also see the throw of the driving pattern

Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport

· Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
141 Posts
So would you think it would be better to go with a 6 inch fog and a 6 driving than a 12 driving? I'm cheap and trying to save the cash and the extra work to mount 2 but I've learned sometimes it's better to spend the little extra and have a better setup in the end.
just saying you won't regret it, and only one 6inch driving is way enough if well aligned, two would be overkill. I use only the fog pattern for working around the house or riding slowly...- and while riding normally, the wider angle really helps with faster driving in the curves. I'm glad I installed both and would not go any other way. It's the same deal as redRocket, his side fogs adds medium distance wide angle lighting which is useful in some situations. I also could ride at night with only the driving light, but I always light up the fog too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts