Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member ... are there still fans of the old Bear ??? Greetings from Honduras .... I am a proud owner of a 450 ..... I hope to hear from you soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm trying to make my 450 look bigger without losing stability, I already ordered some spacers for the rims (25 ") ... any other advice?

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Spacers widen the stance, you running 25" diameter tires?
How wide?

·
Grizzled
3,619 Posts
Welcome to GC. Post pictures of your rides! (y)

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
I thought so....
I'm still thinking about 'look bigger'......maybe better instead of bigger.
Maybe longer legs instead of a wider butt will make'er look like you want. Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ve never seen a Mountain Dew themed bike before. Did you add the graphics? Clean looking and good condition bike for the age.

If you’re just after looks and not performance, add a two inch lift, one inch wheel spacers, 27 inch tires and some fender flares. It will look bigger, although your wallet might like like it’s been on a diet (mountain dew).

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Add some over fenders. My Grizzly is 6" wider then stock and looks much larger then a standard Grizzly because of them

Reactions: MTD Dew 450

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought it from the previous owner already with that theme but it seemed different and I left it, it is in very good condition, I bought it about a year ago with just over 6000 hours of use ..... not bad ... Thanks for the ideas ... that of the fenders seems even better, now to lift those 2 inches that you mention, what is needed? some kind of expanders? , I remind you that I already ordered the 2 "expanders
for tires,.
Raising the tires to 27 "is still a good idea, but the 25" are very new so it hurts me to remove them.
Well thanks for the tips.
Nice to meet people with the same hobby-

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Grizzly
21 Posts
My wife always said I'm a [email protected]$$. Take the fuel cap off and drive a Grizzly under it. The fender extensions for width and HD front and rear bumpers for length. You want it to look even bigger get front box and rear combo seat/cargo box.

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
I had a 450 Grizzly, years ago, add over fenders, put same size front and back tires on it, will make harder to steer, but will look bigger.

I did it, but would not do the wide tires again on the front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the tips guys.
I am searching the internet for rims for the 450, 12 "4/110 but there are not as many designs as in larger sizes.
ok thanks again

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys.
I am searching the internet for rims for the 450, 12 "4/110 but there are not as many designs as in larger sizes.
ok thanks again
Look at any wheel with the same stud pattern.
There are many styles, off-sets and colors to chose from.
Have you gone to Rocky Mountain A.T.V."

Reactions: MTD Dew 450

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Look at any wheel with the same stud pattern.
There are many styles, off-sets and colors to chose from.
Have you gone to Rocky Mountain A.T.V."
Thank you Ridgway, I found them in RockyMoutain as you said, I had my doubts that they will send them to where I am, but they did it, thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts