Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If you've EVER found yourself wondering "how deep can I go on my bike?", its time to snorkel. Its cheap insurance and cost less than $100. It only takes one 1' drop-off in a murky 12-volt socket deep creek to swamp your bike.

·
Banned
2,789 Posts
I obviously have a very different riding style from Ridgeway, I don't blast water crossing's, that's for sure. I don't see the fun in getting soaked and possibly stalling the quad. Its easy to soak the spark plug.

I don't ride off-trail either, I'm out there to enjoy the scenery, so 90% of my time is spent under 20 mph, 10 mph if its a rough trail.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Gas and go for 2100 miles here. I just came back from Maine and did my longest single day trip of 140 miles from Roxbury to rangeley and the grizzly ran flawless.

·
Premium Member
9,063 Posts
Tough machines in tough places. This should answer the original question!

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Does nobody search for answers any more? Same questions everyday.
Search functions are weak on most sites, goggle search then follow lead back to this site works better. IMO, just ask, those that know can post links.

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
We lost at least three boots playing this day, maybe more, can't remember. Of course my son did the most damage....lol

http://youtu.be/a08Gdz_8Cis

We only ride like this when we know where the truck is, and that we can get the machines out, riding like this deep in the woods or mountains, I would never do. And, you are going to tear stuff up, accept it.

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Lately every time I try to search I type in what I am looking for and it takes me to the "active topics" page I just tried to search my own topic of how deep and it came back with zero results I can only scroll threw so many pages of snorkle info looking for this be for I give up and ask
doesnt bother me in this case, cause its kind of a tough thing to search for. but here is a general searching tip for this forum, as well as pretty much every forum...

the built in search SUCKS.

always use google. for example...
search "yamaha grizzly how deep" gives you a lot of videos and such... but then at the top, there is a row that says... web, videos, pictures, shopping, more... click on more... click on discussions. it gets you this page:
https://www.google.com/search?q=grizzly+how+deep&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=yamaha+grizzly+how+deep&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&safe=off&tbm=dsc

and there ya go. lots of info. i actually have a bookmark to this page:
https://www.google.com/search?q=yamaha+grizzly+how+deep+site:www.grizzlycentral.com&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=odH&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1600&bih=786&tbm=dsc#q=site:www.grizzlycentral.com&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&safe=off&tbm=dsc

and i just type in what im looking for, and it only returns results from this website. way better results than trying to go through a forums search function.

hopefully that is helpful in the future. but sometimes we have to remember that if no one asked questions, and everyone just searched everything, there wouldnt be much "discussion" on this discussion board.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Search functions are weak on most sites, goggle search then follow lead back to this site works better. IMO, just ask, those that know can post links.
Best answer from a mod ever on any forum ever!

Just google whatever you're looking for then type grizzlycentral afterwards, that's how I do it on every forum.

Example: "grizzly 700 how deep grizzlycentral"

·
Registered
648 Posts
Wow .... You guys trash your bikes .... U guys need boats not ATV's

Sent from my radd iPhone

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Wow .... You guys trash your bikes .... U guys need boats not ATV's

Sent from my radd iPhone
Lol, you would be stuck at home if you lived in the southeast.

·
Premium Member
9,063 Posts
No boat ramp with the atv.

·
Banned
2,789 Posts
3000 miles of southeast mudding and water riding probably equals 10,000 miles of Colorado trail riding.

I'm glad I don't have to subject my quad to that kind of abuse.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well I would like to extend my thank you to everyone that offered their advice. Was much more at ease with water crossings on our ride today and because of everyone telling me to know my machine and what to do if you take on water I wasable to help out some people in the trail that sucked water into their cvt's on their 660s and don't know what to do. So thanks to everyone from me and the two people on the trail today

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Knowledge that I learned from others, like "WayupNorth", and some others helped me to make the right decisions when my son fell off in a hole on the sunk Grizz video. Kinda like the circle of life deal, but instead the

Circle of Life or Circle of Grizzly Knowledge:

'Read, learn, ask questions to fill in the knowledge holes apply, repeat, then share proven wisdom with the Grizzly Central family.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Reviving this old thread. I have a similar question pertaining to this, and it never dawned on me until I had to deal with more water than I planned for on a weekend ride this past weekend (but I made it through!). I have seen some mentioning of relocating of hoses, vents, and such. I have seen a few small hoses on my new Grizzly, but I have not the slightest clue what they are for. A diagram or pics with the locations of the ones I need to reroute may be helpful. I am not sure where they need to go, or how to route them. But just to be clear, I DO NOT wish to have a snorkel installed. I could see where that would necessitate relocating of hoses.

·
Premium Member
9,063 Posts
Follow then down to their source, like the diff or the final drive. if you lengthen take them as far up as possible, say under the instrument pod.
You can get a f.s.m. online for cheap at;

21 - 40 of 43 Posts