Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, looking at some spacers since spacers/aftermarket wheels with offset seems to be a good mod for everyone. I was wondering how much spacer you could run without NEEDING fender flares. Does a 1-1.5 inch spacer really add much stability? Please share experiences!

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
On a 660, 1" spacer is all you'll want without fender flares, but that's just my opinion. Even then, it's going to be dirtier to ride. But that's just way it is, no matter what you ride.

But even saying that, this is all based on opinion. Some don't think you ever need flares. They think that your riding an ATV and your supposed to get dirty.....while others think the complete opposite and want maximum protection from mud/dirt at all times. In many cases these same people think stock setup is not enough, and you can watch YouTube videos of these people complaining of mud getting on the fenders while riding, on stock wheels/tires. Imagine what they would do with something bigger and aggressive...lol.

And yes wheel spacers add stability. More than you think. Remember a 1" spacer actually adds to 2" wider. 1.5 equaling 3" wider. I personally think 1.5" spacers are perfect, and I'll soon have a set on my Grizzly. Had them on my Polaris and older Grizzly 600. Loved them.

I should say that I loved them on my Polaris with stock wheels. With the aftermarket wheels, I was far too wide, and I got real dirty real quick riding it. That got old real fast. I only had them on my Grizzly 600 for a limited time. Sold the bike soon after getting them. Loved them the time I had them though.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
My 1.5's are perfect but with aftermarket wheels I had to add flares to keep the spray off of me. I understand getting muddy is part of riding but I just don't want to get soaked going through a mud puddle in the parking lot lol.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 1.5's are perfect but with aftermarket wheels I had to add flares to keep the spray off of me. I understand getting muddy is part of riding but I just don't want to get soaked going through a mud puddle in the parking lot lol.
Thanks guys. I might hold off for a while. I just set my shocks to softest setting and I love it. Thanks for the input though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts