Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all I find is people saying to ground the green wire with the white stripe to override reverse. But I can't find one on mine... Is it a different wire? anyone able to help me out?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Is it so you don't have to hold the override button to go full throttle in reverse? Or so you don't have to hold down the rear brake to shift into reverse?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dont want to make new topic sorry.Uhmm what could it be that mine over ride button doesnt do anything even IF į ground the wire the limiter is still there grizzly 700 2007

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry to bust your bubble, bht the over ride button is for the diff lock. It has nothing to do with reverse at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok... mine is a 2WD model. And I have no reverse override button. Unless I'm seriously that blind. And yes I'm trying to accomplish the ability to have full throttle in reverse. I don't mind having to hit brake to put it into reverse. I just wanna be able to back out of a hole..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok again, there is NO reverse over ride button on any yamaha atv. The over ride is for the diff lock so the front cv joint or diff doesn't break when you floor it. Now, the reverse limiter is so you face doesn't slam into the front rack when you floor it in reverse and 4wd.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Locomojo, pull your cdi out, with key off, and look for the solid green wire (there is only one). Skin it, tie or solder in a wire to it and ground the new wire. Now you got full power.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Yamahogz. That's what I was looking for. I wasn't sure which wire, everything I found on here said the green wire with white line on it, but I don't have one of those. I looked for wiring diagrams to try and figure it out there but don't have that either. Mines only 2WD so I don't have the override button since there's no diff lock with a solid axle obviously. I just hate the retarded reverse where I can't reverse up pretty much any incline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts