Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
'23 XTR
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2023 Grizzly. First time moving to dirt from the pavement. Absolutely in love with this machine! Looking forward to getting to know the community and modding this big beautiful beast. :p

From Northeast Ohio, engineer / developer by trade. You'll be seeing a lot of 3D printed/CNC/Laser non sense I'm sure.

Regardless, glad I found this forum! I'm sure I'll have more questions once the modding starts.

Happy friday!

-rino

·
Premium Member
12,854 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
What's our mod budget? Were good at spending O.P.M.
I suggest these for your first two mods......
Maxis O.G. tires; 26" diameter, hope you got the 12" wheels.
C.V.T. mods to raise the pulley ratio.

Reactions: Grizzerino

·
Premium Member
'23 XTR
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok; so I've been shopping around for rear storage + backrest and have pretty much decided on the Black Boar. Has anyone had a bad experience with one, or some cons to list? Open floor for suggestions.

I'm picking mainly for the type of riding I do / will be doing: work/maintenance/tree felling-removing-towing/filming. It fits all my DJI stuff, and hand tools needed (chain saws up front). Just an expensive "non performance" mod, to not be sure. From what I've seen it's quite a sweet rig, just looking for input before I pull the trigger and melt the AMEX a little... 😂

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you all have a safe, and happy day.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not a big fan of those large rear storage boxes. They have to be filled up to keep the stuff in it from bouncing around and their large size means a tendency to put in way more gear and weight than you need on most rides. Also, if you flip your ATV, and I've done that several times over the years, they tend to hold you from being able to leap free of it. The last thing you want is to have the wheeler land on top of you.

For my '21 I went with a smaller box. It fits all the tools and gear that I need for anything besides a multi-day expedition.

·
Premium Member
'23 XTR
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not a big fan of those large rear storage boxes. They have to be filled up to keep the stuff in it from bouncing around and their large size means a tendency to put in way more gear and weight than you need on most rides. Also, if you flip your ATV, and I've done that several times over the years, they tend to hold you from being able to leap free of it. The last thing you want is to have the wheeler land on top of you.

For my '21 I went with a smaller box. It fits all the tools and gear that I need for anything besides a multi-day expedition.

When mine arrives I plan to measure and design some drawers/latches/hooks for the inside and cut some foam for the dead spots. Hoping to skip some down sides with some more customization and 3D magic. I'll regularly be filling it to the max: spatially. However it's contents will be specialized climbing gear / simple hand tools and drones/attachments. Thankfully not heavy weight contenders, just volume fillers. I'm fabbing the front to carry an array of the heavier tools. Give that winch a nicer bite if I need it. #Phrasing

I have to go clear areas with a spotter/passenger on these projects. If I was the only rider I def would've fabbed a box damn near yours to be low/sturdy.

Also, I bail so well you'd think my first name was Christian. #ImBATMAN #DadJokes

Kidding aside; I won't have that big ol' booty on there if I am planning on putting myself in that style of riding. Thank God the areas we're maintaining are rolling hills and flat creekbed so I won't even be temped to be silly.

Thanks for the input tho. I really do appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
I find those big loungers get in the way of throwing my leg over. I can step over but usually swing over. Old habit.

Mounting idea- slide in dovetail or?, one pin or latch.
Because I carry my machines on top of my pickup rack. I like to take the boxes off for the trips over 500 miles. I've been think of making something out of aluminum.
Plus a person could have several different boxes like a wood hauler, chainsaw or ??? that quick-tach like skid steers attachments.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts